- Centova Cast - Client Usage Guide
- Basic Usage Guide
- Advanced Usage Guide
- Centova Cast - Client Reference Manual
- Accessing Your Account
- Configuration Settings
- DJ Management
- Statistics Report
- Broadcast Reports
- Current Listeners
- Server Logs
- Server Controls
- AutoDJ Controls
- Playlist Manager
- Media Library
- File Manager
Providing Access to DJs
If more than one DJ performs on your station, you may find it desirable to delegate limited access to the control panel to each DJ. This is made possible through the use of DJ accounts.
Creating a DJ Account
To create a DJ account:
In the navigation panel at the left-hand side of the screen, click
DJsunder the Configuration heading.
Create DJ accountlink at the right-hand side of the page.
Enter a username, password, and name for the DJ in the appropriate fields.
Configure privileges for the DJ. A number of privileges are available, and any combination of privileges can be assigned to each DJ:
- Start/stop the stream - Allows the DJ to start or stop the streaming server.
- Start/stop the autoDJ - Allows the DJ to start or stop the autoDJ only. For SHOUTcast v1 servers, this is required in order for a DJ to begin a live broadcast.
- Manage playlist settings - Allows the DJ to modify the autoDJ's playlist settings.
- Access media library - Allows the DJ to access the media library and add/remove tracks to/from playlists.
- Manage media files - Allows the DJ to access the file manager and upload, move, rename, and delete the files for your stream.
- Full FTP access - Allows the DJ to use his username and password to log in via FTP and access all files for your stream. Also grants Manage media files permission.
- Private FTP folder - Provides a private folder under
media/dj/djusername/in which the DJ can upload and manage his own private set of media files via FTP or via the file manager.
- View statistics - Allows the DJ to view the statistics for the stream.
- View listeners - Allows the DJ to view the current listeners for the stream.
- View logs - Allows the DJ to view the log files for the stream.
Configure the permitted login times for the DJ. You can restrict the DJ's access to specific times of day on specific days of the week, such that he is only able to login during his scheduled show times (if applicable).
Saveto save the new DJ account.
Live Broadcasts by DJs
In most cases, you will need to provide the main source password (which you configured in the Station Details and Time section of the Basic Usage guide) to your DJs to allow them to connect to the server with a live source for their broadcasts.
If your station is configured with SHOUTcast v2 and liquidsoap or sc_trans v2, however, each DJ's username and password (which you configured above) will also serve as their login details for live source connections. In this configuration, you never have to share passwords between DJs.