Levels, Playlists, Segues, Autodj

Read 3608 times
1.  I am not using replygain.  All my music is close to the same level.  However, I would like to increase all songs to a higher level. Basically, take the feed and increase the master volume.    I doubt centova offers this ability, but I thought I'd ask.

2.  Apparently no one at centova has listened to the radio.  Their only ability to overlap songs is to fade out the one ending while fading in the one just begining.  I'd rather have the two songs overlap with a half second or full second of both songs (as a setting) without any phony fade in, fade out.

3.  A long while ago, I used a song tagging program where I asked for the artist - title info to be in all caps.  However, it also capitalized the file type as .MP3 instead of .mp3.  My playlist that centova has, uses this convention.  Now, I'm updating the sound quality of many existing files, but now taged as .mp3.  Will centova override these old files, which I want it to do, but still keep the integrity of the playlist which still says  .MP3.

4.  Can I disable autodj easily during a live show when buffering causes autodj to come roaring back in during the buffer.

Thanks very much.

Rogson
1.  I am not using replygain.  All my music is close to the same level.  However, I would like to increase all songs to a higher level. Basically, take the feed and increase the master volume.    I doubt centova offers this ability, but I thought I'd ask.
if you are using liquidsoap there is an option for normalizing which can give you control over loudness
to access the liquidsoap configuration the server admin has to give you access to raw configuration

2.  Apparently no one at centova has listened to the radio.  Their only ability to overlap songs is to fade out the one ending while fading in the one just begining.  I'd rather have the two songs overlap with a half second or full second of both songs (as a setting) without any phony fade in, fade out.
there is a control for fading and to set it to 1/2 second you'd add .5
I know that liquidsoap has a lot of options for fading

3.  A long while ago, I used a song tagging program where I asked for the artist - title info to be in all caps.  However, it also capitalized the file type as .MP3 instead of .mp3.  My playlist that centova has, uses this convention.  Now, I'm updating the sound quality of many existing files, but now taged as .mp3.  Will centova override these old files, which I want it to do, but still keep the integrity of the playlist which still says  .MP3.
I'd open the playlist with a text editor(I use Visual code) and do a search and replace which would be the quickest and easiest way I can think of

4.  Can I disable autodj easily during a live show when buffering causes autodj to come roaring back in during the buffer.
my first thought is that you'll have to disable AutoDJ, you might be able to set the time out if possible. If you're having an issue with buffering you need to consider a better internet connection. Even when I was on a dialUp service I never had issue with buffering causing AutoDJ to restart
Tommy TBones
Owner
440MUSIC.COM
Broadcasting Indie Music since March 1999