Centova Cast is using an expired license key

Read 69743 times
Hello,

another server here who has the same problem.
Had some testing-licenses left which i tried out but none of them worked. Seems like the backend system for reissuing a license is also broken as i got informed: not valid for this domain although the webinterface of centova client login showed the change to be accepted.

At the moment i have one of four systems failing.
Changing the system date to the past only works if you don't have anything else running on the server. My failing system unfortunately has about 100 additional domains on it and dating it back would screw everything!

If i read your replies and seeing no reaction for such a long period it's crazy. Nobody is answering the tickets or phone number and Steve isn't online in ICQ.
Never thought such a situation could occur and this is getting crazy.
Well I for one hope this all gets sorted ASAP but as said already I am now evaluating other CP's as I MUST now find an alternative if only as a backup to this ever happening again.

Current tests are Cast Control and  Wowza Media Server although Wowza this is in no way an alternative to Centova Cast as it is primarily for video, also waiting to see what PleskSonic is like as I use the Plesk CP rather than Cpanel which would have given me the option of WHMSonic.

Have to be honest there are not many audio CPs out there so if anyone knows of others ONLY as a backup to Centova Cast as I would not ideally wish to move totally away but due to the current issues MUST look at an alternative to satisfy my customers.

I truly hope this can be sorted soon but feel it is unlikely to happen any time this weekend or maybe even next week! But who knows? Not me.
date --set 2011-03-29
sudo -u centovacast /home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage cronjob all --debug

^^^^ The Dirty Fix

how I can prevent the server automatically update the date? I configured the server with a past date, but after a few hours, returns to the current date and Centova shows the error again
Do you run some kind of cron updating the datetime? Maybe ntpd running?
I disabled all cron (hourly, daily, etc), hope this helps
again the date is updated automatically, I have no active cron, but I have cpanel / whm installed on the server (although I am not using), any ideas?
Add me to the list of users with an expired license and a DEAD SERVER  >:(!  I filed a ticket 8 hours ago and I have received NO RESPONSE!  This is bullshit....
Many of us posted support tickets before the weekend, and still NO REPLY!!! :( :(
I have try this and it work

1.Login to your client area at centova.com.
2.Click "Manage Product Licenses" and select your Centova Cast license.
3.Click the "Re-issue license key" link.  (See the section below if you do not see a "Re-issue license key" link.)

This will authorize the reissuance request on our end. Next, you just need to tell Centova Cast to request a new license.  Login to your server via SSH and run:
/home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage reissuelicense currenthostname.com

ref: https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/changing_licensed_domain_name_48
Works perfect. I now hope they will look into our V3 license problem also.
That is still not working :(
Thanks tengkorak!!

Worked for me also!

Cheers
Hi all,

I recognize that it's a little late for apologies or excuses at this point... all we can really do at this point is do our best to ensure that nothing like this ever, ever happens again, and demonstrate a change as opposed to making useless promises.

That said, as owner of Centova Technologies, I am terribly sorry for the disruption of service you all have experienced due to the licensing system outage.  Rest assured that we're learning from our mistakes and implementing corresponding safeguards.

For those of you who haven't noticed, we are also seeking new hirees to improve our (currently abysmal) helpdesk response times -- check the front page of our web site for details and send in your CV if you have relevant experience and are looking for work.
Works perfect. I now hope they will look into our V3 license problem also.
That is still not working :(
J.J., what problem are you having?  v3 licensing should also be restored and working now as well, although you might need to restart the control daemon (/etc/init.d/centovacast restart) to update the license.

You have my email, feel free to contact me directly. 
GREAT to have you back Steve! I do hope you are well :)

Reissuing the license works :

Set date back to current time : /usr/bin/rdate rdate.cpanel.net
Login to Centova control panel and reissue license key.
Run : sudo -u centovacast /home/centovacast/system/runascc/runascc exec ccmanage cronjob all --debug
Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:46:44 am by Jim