Error: mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server-community

Read 24023 times
Hi.

I waited one year and finally is. Great respect for you, but I have a problem. During installation, I get something like this in any way I can not move.

Regards and sorry for my bad english

===== Centova Cast Installation ==========================================

Installing package dependencies ...
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
Package 1:findutils-4.2.27-6.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package wget-1.11.4-2.el5_4.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package 2:tar-1.15.1-30.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gzip-1.3.5-11.el5.centos.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package unzip-5.52-3.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package sed-4.1.5-5.fc6.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package grep-2.5.1-55.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gawk-3.1.5-14.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package rsync-2.6.8-3.1.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gcc-4.1.2-48.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package gcc-c++-4.1.2-48.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package 1:make-3.81-3.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package which-2.16-7.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package compat-glibc.i386 1:2.3.4-2.26 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: compat-glibc-headers = 1:2.3.4-2.26 for package: compat-glibc
---> Package compat-glibc.x86_64 1:2.3.4-2.26 set to be updated
---> Package mysql-server.x86_64 0:5.0.77-4.el5_5.4 set to be updated
--> Processing Dependency: perl-DBD-MySQL for package: mysql-server
--> Running transaction check
---> Package compat-glibc-headers.x86_64 1:2.3.4-2.26 set to be updated
---> Package perl-DBD-MySQL.x86_64 0:3.0007-2.el5 set to be updated
--> Processing Conflict: mysql-server conflicts MySQL-server
--> Processing Conflict: mysql-server conflicts MySQL-server
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
mysql-server-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.x86_64 from updates has depsolving problems
  --> mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server-community
mysql-server-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.x86_64 from updates has depsolving problems
  --> mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server
Error: mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server-community
Error: mysql-server conflicts with MySQL-server
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: package-cleanup --problems
                        package-cleanup --dupes
                        rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
The program package-cleanup is found in the yum-utils package.
Centova Cast installer: yum exited with an error, aborting
Are you installing this on a fresh server?

Best,
Marc5000
Doesn't look like he is. It's conflicting with the existing MySQL server that is installed.
If it's a fresh box with LAMP pre-installed, you may have to remove the packages with "yum remove" before installing CentovaCast's prebuilt stack.
Oh man??? WTF?  Why would you force us to use your mysql server install... screw pre-built stacks this sucks we dont want to have to wait for your company to make updates justy to get mysql updated to the latest security patches... why would you go and screw with what is already a great rpm management system?
The server was brought yesterday from scratch, because I thought there was a problem in the configuration. I am running CentOS 5.5 64, and DirectAdmin. Ideas to solve this problem, I have already gone: (
The server was brought yesterday from scratch, because I thought there was a problem in the configuration. I am running CentOS 5.5 64, and DirectAdmin. Ideas to solve this problem, I have already gone: (
netix, please read the quick reference guide before installing, it'll save you a lot of aggro.  The guide explicitly states that if you have a web hosting CP like DirectAdmin (or CPanel, Plesk, etc.) that you should not run the command you ran.  In fact, it says this in big bold letters so that you won't miss it, and it's the very first paragraph under "Quick Installation".

Oh man??? WTF?  Why would you force us to use your mysql server install... screw pre-built stacks this sucks we dont want to have to wait for your company to make updates justy to get mysql updated to the latest security patches... why would you go and screw with what is already a great rpm management system?
SwiftLayer, you do realize that you're responding to someone who does not represent Centova Technologies, right?  And that they're wrong? :)  We do not provide a MySQL installation with Centova Cast.  That's just silly.

Centova Cast's installer can OPTIONALLY run the commands to install the MySQL server packages (and a bunch of other standard packages) from the Debian/Red Hat/CentOS repositories as a convenience for you during the installation process.  These come straight from the Debian/RHEL/CentOS repositories using apt-get or yum, and have nothing to do with us.

The problem is that CPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin provide their OWN MySQL server packages that do NOT come from the official repositories.  So if you tell Centova Cast to install MySQL from the official repos for you, the official MySQL package is going to conflict with your CPanel/Plesk/DirectAdmin MySQL package.

The quickref guide does clearly explain this and also gives you instructions for installing without clobbering your existing MySQL server.
Thank you for your help. Today solved this problem and found it very straight. Here the solution for posterity :)

yum remove MySQL-devel* -y
yum remove MySQL-devel-community* -y
yum remove MySQL-client* -y
yum remove MySQL-server* -y

Centova installed - I take as a test.