FAQ - Recent Licensing Issues

Read 30285 times
for when the licenses back to normal?
Licensing has been back to normal for quite some time, save for a few corner cases which were an unfortunate result of the data loss incident last month.

Since Saturday my license says is invalid.
Ticket open with no response so far.
If you opened it on Sunday we were closed; you should receive a response today.  Alternately you are welcome to PM me your license key for the affected server and I'll investigate immediately.
Roger,

I Re-registered the same package as you instructed me,
then i opened a ticket [Ticket #VY4-KDO3-786]  with my old account details and paypal transaction but still i can't find a new Licenses key and the status of the package is Awaiting paymens.
Now what?
Steve & Roger,

I PMed you both and placed a ticket (YA3-TLE3-449) through the client system. Then got a new package for trial (#150801) and proceeded to install the new key in the server. Got this message:

**** WARNING ****
License validation failed. Daemon will reject all connections until a valid license is installed
**** WARNING ****

Would you please be so kind as to provide a response or solution?

Thanks,
Hello Steve can you please take a look at this ticket  ID #NF9-ODE1-669 that we have from August.
Also, we cannot log in to the client area using our username and password.
We have stopped receiving E-mails when we tried to reset the password.

thanks
Roger,
I opened a ticket just like you said.
I'm still waiting, two days since i opened the ticket.
will you take any responsibility at all? help us get on with our businesses as soon as possible will you?!
Roger,

I Re-registered the same package as you instructed me,
then i opened a ticket [Ticket #VY4-KDO3-786]  with my old account details and paypal transaction but still i can't find a new Licenses key and the status of the package is Awaiting paymens.
Now what?

Roger,
will you take any responsibility at all? help us get on with our businesses as soon as possible will you?!

We're very sorry, but we already provided instructions for your case in this FAQ, please read answer number 4.
Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:14:10 am by Roger

Roger,

We're very sorry, but we already provided instructions for your case in this FAQ, please read answer number 4.

ohh You already  provided instructions? great, how about actually answering tickets and doing it in a reasonable time frame?
why should i spend extra money for your mistakes ?and what if i cannot afford it? what kind of answer or solution is it, relying on the customer finance to solve your own issues.
no, it is not acceptable, I'm going to open a PayPal dispute to get a full refund and then pay it back, this will be faster imho.

Thanks for nothing.
ohh You already  provided instructions? great, how about actually answering tickets and doing it in a reasonable time frame?
why should i spend extra money for your mistakes ?and what if i cannot afford it? what kind of answer or solution is it, relying on the customer finance to solve your own issues.
no, it is not acceptable, I'm going to open a PayPal dispute to get a full refund and then pay it back, this will be faster imho.

Thanks for nothing.

We're very sorry, but as we've already explained we hava a lot of billing tickets to attend to and very limited personnel that has the proper access to our payment gateways.

Please note that submitting a chargeback on your payment, will probably just serve to block your account for fraud, causing further delays.

Really the best option at this point is just to order a montly license and use it for up to 14 days, then cancell it for a refund, this will only take $20 usd or less depending on your type of license, wich will be refund later.

Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do about this at the moment.
Please note that submitting a chargeback on your payment, will probably just serve to block your account for fraud, causing further delays.

Not only you got it wrong in the customer service/business side of things, but also are clueless about how Paypal's dispute resolution system works to make such a bold statement.

Due to your lack of response and solution, we had no other choice but to look for another more efficient provider. At least make one last thing right and refund us the payment for this last month. This is not about money, it's about how poorly your business operations are, your incapacity to recognize your mistakes and for trying to pass along the financial burden onto your clients. As someone stated before, THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!

we hava a lot of billing tickets to attend to and very limited personnel that has the proper access to our payment gateways.

If your personnel is very limited, then hire more people to do things right. You've always complained about that, but haven't done anything to improve it, have you?. There has been nothing but excuses in this thread or PMs to the problems that we've faced with your service. Do you think our clients care about that? Should we care about your problems with this poorly planned hosting change when you haven't even notified us ahead of time to prevent this fiasco? Get a grip on reality.

Remember that as soon as there is someone that provides a similar product but with better service, you clients will be gone. Good luck with your sustainable business model. It will be a perfect case for academia.
Hello we have  PM both of you " Steve and Roger,"
this is because we cannot login to the client area and it is now 3 weeks " DID YOU DELETE OUR ACCOUNT ?" we always pay our bill. We send many emails no one gets back to us.
last pm today both of you no one PM back  we have the  license down we understand the issues Centova is having but at least reply to your client and Help to fix the issue.
Note: because we can't login to the client area, we can't even open a ticket.

Thank you.
Hello we have  PM both of you " Steve and Roger,"
this is because we cannot login to the client area and it is now 3 weeks " DID YOU DELETE OUR ACCOUNT ?" we always pay our bill. We send many emails no one gets back to us.
last pm today both of you no one PM back  we have the  license down we understand the issues Centova is having but at least reply to your client and Help to fix the issue.

Thank you.

Hello,

I've answered to your PMs, I will be adding this question to the faq later today.
Thank you Roger,
just pm you back :)
Yick, this thread is going to hell in a handbasket -- sorry I haven't been following it more closely.  I'll respond first regarding the discussion with qnn:

Really the best option at this point is just to order a montly license and use it for up to 14 days, then cancell it for a refund, this will only take $20 usd or less depending on your type of license, wich will be refund later.
Just to amend Roger's point here, this is NOT the recommended course of action nor would I suggest that our clients should ever spend more money to fix a problem on OUR end.

Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do about this at the moment.
I will need to look into this specific case as I'm not sure why a comment like this would need to be made... the problem is on our end so we certainly should have been able to do something about it -- and as best I can see, we DID resolve it, this same day.

Then got a new package for trial (#150801) and proceeded to install the new key in the server. Got this message:

**** WARNING ****
License validation failed. Daemon will reject all connections until a valid license is installed
**** WARNING ****

That just means your trial key wasn't installed properly and is not related to any other issues you're experiencing.  A situation we commonly see is one in which a client purchases a trial or a second license and assumes it will be applied to an existing server automatically.  That is not, of course, how it works -- if you purchase another license, in most cases you're using it on a separate server and wouldn't want to overwrite your existing server's key.  You have to install the new key on your server before it'll work.

Not only you got it wrong in the customer service/business side of things, but also are clueless about how Paypal's dispute resolution system works to make such a bold statement.
No, this part of what Roger said is correct -- if we receive a chargeback/dispute for an account it will go into suspension, so that's a bad idea.

Due to your lack of response and solution, we had no other choice but to look for another more efficient provider.
I have to admit I'm a bit puzzled at this, although perhaps I've missed some critical bit of information.  To explain, though: as far as I can see, you posted the above comment on September 12th, 3 days after opening ticket YA3-TLE3-449.  But a member of our staff responded to ticket YA3-TLE3-449 on September 9 at 5:46PM, the same day you opened the ticket (within about 4hr of opening it), and explained that your license problem had been fixed.

That is the only ticket I see on your account, so I'm not sure what "lack of response and solution" you're referring to... as best I can see, we did respond and resolve your issue on the very same day you opened the ticket...?

At least make one last thing right and refund us the payment for this last month.
We can certainly do that, although you'd need to open a ticket with the helpdesk to allow us to process this.

If your personnel is very limited, then hire more people to do things right.
That was an awkwardly-phrased comment by Roger.  We have plenty of staff; what Roger meant was that the number of staff we employ *who have access to our PayPal and merchant accounts* is limited.  Which is true; we don't give that access arbitrarily to all of our staff, both for security and privacy reasons.

Should we care about your problems with this poorly planned hosting change when you haven't even notified us ahead of time to prevent this fiasco? Get a grip on reality.
It sounds like you're not aware of the scope of what happened last month.  Our datacenter brought us down hard -- their negligence ranged from causing major data loss on one of our servers, to null-routing a number of our IP addresses for no quantifiable reason during our recovery efforts, to completely ignoring their support SLA and keeping us waiting for days on end in some cases for simple status updates.  This (not the migration) was the root cause for the issues you experienced.  We had no choice but to perform an emergency migration (entirely unplanned) to another DC because the folks at our original DC apparently lost their minds overnight.  We're now in a new facility and working on deploying a failover infrastructure at another, separate DC as well to ensure that nothing like this ever happens again.

In any case, that is not by any means an attempt to pin the blame elsewhere -- it was our fault (my fault, specifically) for choosing what ended up (despite reasonable reviews) being an awful DC -- but I thought it was important to explain that we didn't just randomly and carelessly decide to perform a massive infrastructure migration without notifying our clients.  It was purely a reaction to the situation at hand and was not at all something we had hoped to have to do.
Regarding the discussion with Yahav:

Ugh, please accept my apologies for Roger's response there... you are of course correct -- your ticket should not have been left waiting for anywhere near as long as it was, and you certainly shouldn't have been referred back to the FAQ after opening a ticket exactly as instructed for a resolution.

I have investigated and determined that the delay in responding to your ticket was the result of human error, and was unrelated to the volume of tickets we've been dealing with.  I do apologize; I have discussed and clarified the problem with our staff and it should not happen to anyone ever again.

As I mentioned in my reply to qnn, this is absolutely NOT something I would ask of our customers and I'll discuss that with Roger.  You should never have to pay more to resolve an issue on OUR end -- that's ridiculous.

I've also PMed you in regard to this matter.
Regarding the discussion with toto17:

We send many emails no one gets back to us.
To which E-mail address(es) did you send your emails?  Did you receive back a ticket confirmation email?  If not, your messages were not received.

last pm today both of you no one PM back
We try to watch the forum as best we can but as it is not an official support venue, there can be delays in responding to PMs and posts here.

You should have no problems emailing the sales department (for sales/billing issues).  If you have a valid license registered with your email address, you should be able to email the support department too.

I can tell you that the address you're using for your forum account is not on file as a product licensee.  It also is not (and, as far as I know, has never been) associated with the account that I believe you're contacting us in regard to.

As for being unable to log in to the client area, you likely just need to reset your password.  In regard to your earlier comment:

We have stopped receiving E-mails when we tried to reset the password.
I have tried the password reset feature (by setting up a test account using my external Gmail account) and confirmed that our system is definitely sending the password reset emails.  Most likely, either the email address you're using is not the one we have on file for you, or the reset email is being caught by your spam filters (if any).

I believe I've identified your account however you haven't provided any identifying information in any of your PMs so I'm not 100% certain I know who you are.  I'll PM you with an email address for further assistance.