WHMCS Resource Usage Tracking

Read 8145 times
Although Centova does a great job of keeping track of usage (bandwidth and disk) and managing suspensions / unsuspensions for overusage, it would be nice to have WHMCS take care of this for us if only so we can be sure that the status for the streaming product shown in WHMCS's client area is the same as the actual status within Centova cast.

For example, an account might be suspended by Centova cast due to reaching its bandwidth limit for the month on the 25th of the month. If the client then logs in to their client area, they will see that their plan is active, and not suspended and wonder what's going on. This would contradict the notification email sent by Centova.

On the other hand, if Centova were to integrate with WHMCS's module function that allows for usage updating via cron, WHMCS could then suspend the product when over used and WHMCS's status would remain in sync with Centova.

Even better, I'd like to provide the ability for clients to pay their next invoice early (possibly automatically) such that when WHMCS finds that they've reached the bandwidth limit, they're invoiced for the next cycle immediately and the cycle refreshes to 0 even if it hasn't been 30 days. This way clients can have continuous uptime and their plans are entirely based on bandwidth usage and not time frames.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jordan
+1
+1
+1 That would be amazing.
+1
TheHosting4You

Voor een betaalbare streaming en goede support tevens kunnen wij uw voor radio stations een app maken voor android en ios,
On the other hand, if Centova were to integrate with WHMCS's module function that allows for usage updating via cron, WHMCS could then suspend the product when over used and WHMCS's status would remain in sync with Centova.
This is already implemented, although I don't use WHMCS so I haven't much experience with what exactly it does ... I've just written the code to do what the WHMCS API documentation says to do.

Can you confirm that this is not working?  Or did you suggest it without trying it first?

Even better, I'd like to provide the ability for clients to pay their next invoice early (possibly automatically) such that when WHMCS finds that they've reached the bandwidth limit, they're invoiced for the next cycle immediately and the cycle refreshes to 0 even if it hasn't been 30 days. This way clients can have continuous uptime and their plans are entirely based on bandwidth usage and not time frames.
That would need to be implemented within WHMCS... nothing we can do about that one, unfortunately.