restart emails

Read 18475 times
Hi.

With shoutcast 2 and ondemand i get every day a few emails repport that the server is restart.
This is after the new update of centovacast V3
The server restart also a few time a day.
Before the update i never have this problems, so not every update make things better :-)

Ron
Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:07:00 am by streampakket
Hello streampakket

I'm having this same problem on my servers too.
I have already installed all distros official and approved by Centovacast Inc. and still the problem continues.

Have also tested on virtual servers as Hyper-V, Citrix, VMware and all technologies also the same problem occurs.

Have tested several versions of Apache, MySQL and phpMyAdmin and still the problem occurs.

Through several conversations I had with Steve and User Dro (developer Shoutcast) the problem seems to be in sc_trans v2.

But Dro is committed to other projects and he has no solution to this problem yet, Steve said that unfortunately can not do anything to help us because this problem is coming from sc_trans v2.

Are these information I have so far, stopped all projects in the company here on this version of Centovacast v3 until something happens.

I'm testing the Castcontrol with Shoutcast v2, everything is working, but this panel interface is very complicated and I believe it also has no future here in Brazil not.

With the most sincere greetings.
Thanks!

Im also using castcontrol with shoutcast 2 and without any kind of problems, so that is the strange part of this issue.
My server are working with the same software Centos so i dont get it.
We have a lot of clients allready using shoutcast  with cast control so it seems for me that there must be someother problem that created this restarts.

Greetz Ron
I understand, but the problem seems to be much more serious than it seems.
We have to await the ruling Centovacast Inc. or the Dro look at this problem as serious.

The whole problem is the complexity of Castcontrol them, some of my clients missed hitting me because of the complexity and layout of this panel.

I'm trying to migrate customers who used the Shoutcast v2 v3 Centovacast WHMSonic the pair, so they can make use of aac + codec

It's the only outlet I've found so far, if I have news I notice you here.

thank you
This is certainly not the only issue, but I have been able to resolve many restart issues by checking source files for corruption(MP3val, etc).  It would appear that the auto-dj are more sensitive to file issues than many desktop players.
Hello jdownj

But you also went or is going through this same problem?
If yes, please tell us how to interpret or even understand how to get around this problem.

Thank you!
Ive setup a shoutcast2 with the same mp3 files with my cast control server.
This one has no restarts so the bad mp3 is not the problem.

We run now both streams and only the one that runs on centovacast has this problem

We get both running to test this for a long time.
hmm, so it might not be sc_trans directly or could be sc_trans but something from Centova causes a conflict.

as the details gutoeterno sent me no longer seem to be valid, streampakket would you be ok with replacing the sc_trans program file used if i were to provide you a sc_trans test build to see if that shows an improvement ?

-daz
[As the details gutoeterno sent me no longer seem to be valid, streampakket would you be ok with replacing the sc_trans program file used if i were to provide you a sc_trans test build to see if that shows an improvement ?

-daz
[/quote]

No problem if you send me also how to do this.

Ron
Update!

I think ive got more info about this problem.

The streams with shoutcast 2 with one have 1 mountpoint dont have this problems (320kbps mp3)

The streams with shoutcast 2 with 2 mountpoint the give this restart problems.
I have now 4 streams with 1 mountpoint without problems and 2 with 2 mointpoints ( mp3 256kbps and 64kbps AAC)

The last one give this problems with centovacast (not with cast control)
Maybe this will help to get you in the right way to fix this isseu?

Ron
> The last one give this problems with centovacast (not with cast control)
Does cast control support multiple mount points?  If so, and if you're saying that seemingly-identical mount point configuration on both control panels only causes sc_trans2 to crash under Centova Cast, then the best approach would be to compare (eg: diff) the sc_trans2 configuration file from each control panel for that stream.

It could be we're using a feature that other control panels aren't, or that we're configuring things slightly differently than they are, and that's triggering a bug in sc_trans2.

To be clear, nothing inherent in Centova Cast is going to be able to cause sc_trans2 to crash.  Period.  Given identical operating environments, the ONLY way you could see crashes in sc_trans2 under Centova Cast and not under other control panels is if a difference in the sc_trans2 configuration files is triggering a crash bug in sc_trans2.
Hi Steve.

Your right cast-control dont support multi mountpoints, so this could be the issue.
Well to bad that its not working good because the multi mountpoint could be a great sellings option.
BDW is  cc-control  a part of sc_trans?
If i look into my server i see that this proces is using a lot of cpu, maybe this is something:

PID 32552 43.3 % Jan1 cc-control [rpc] 

Regards Ron
Well to bad that its not working good because the multi mountpoint could be a great sellings option.
Meantime, it still works fine with IceCast+ices, or DNAS2 with a live source.

BDW is  cc-control  a part of sc_trans?
No, that's part of Centova Cast (thus the cc- prefix).

If i look into my server i see that this proces is using a lot of cpu, maybe this is something:
PID 32552 43.3 % Jan1 cc-control [rpc]
That's definitely not related to the topic of this thread, but if it remains at high CPU utilization for more than a minute or two, that would be a bug in Centova Cast for sure.
Meantime, it still works fine with IceCast+ices, or DNAS2 with a live source.

Hi Steve.
Thats correct but with sc_trans its posible to have a ondemand and live stream with AAC+ and mp3 at the same time. So for a lot of clients is this a perfect combination, one mp3 stream (256kbps) and a (64kbps) AAC+ stream use on mobile phones.
But when this is a problem with sc-trans an not with centovacast there is nothing you can do.

Ron
Hello

I've been SSH access data from my test server so that the DRO can see the problem and try to find out what happens with sc_trans2

Thanks and post here the solution soon appointed by Dro!