restart emails

Read 18468 times
Well, I now had a response from Dro (I believe it is the person who created or developed the sc_trans2) he can not see the problem of resumption of streaming.

As Steve has said he can not do anything because the problem is in sc_trans2 believe that from now is impossible to continue to use version 3 of Centova with shoutcast v2

The way is now waiting for the official launch of this new version, because I believe that it will not be launched until someone solve this damn problem step by more than 4 months.
of course i cannot "see the problem of resumption of streaming" if i've not had the time to look - i'm outraged at you mis-posting what i said in my pm. as i clearly said i've not had the time in the response i gave you a few hours ago as i'm doing long days on what i'm currently scheduled to work on.

and i did not create sc_trans2, i am just the most recent person who was allocated to work on it (subject to which projects my time is allocated to work on).

i have clearly stated that when i've got the means to sort out a test build then i will do so and send it out for people to try - i've zero (and i'll repeat it again, zero) knowledge of how and where things are setup with this control panel so would need people who know what they're doing to install the test build.

sure you've provided access (don't know if it is still up or not as it wasn't when i was able to try it out) and even that is not much help to me if it don't know the layout of things.

and i realise that people's streams are the most important thing under the sun to them, but so is me doing the job i'm allocated to do. just because that does not meet your whims of desire is not my issue - take it up with my managers!

and as a means of courtesy, at least spell my user name with the correct capitalisation. though i'm not bothered now as i'm not going to check back on this thread or forum as trying to keep an eye on things just causes the crap that you've just made, nice one!
Talking seriously, you say one thing and says another now.
Dude if you do not want to help, then fuck it, your words do not reach me my dear.
If you think you're the center of everything, do what, you just feel sorry for it.

Steve, you can close this topic or even delete, for how this guy thinks it's the center of the world and I do not want nor will I get this guy to humiliate me for help.

For me the problem and the matter is closed.
For me the problem and the matter is closed.
Yes it is, and that right there will be the last straw.  Banned.
I'm also with this symptom. wanted to test this new version but it always restarts the streaming, is there anything I can do?
I'm also with this symptom. wanted to test this new version but it always restarts the streaming, is there anything I can do?
Yup, you can read this thread which explains why it's crashing and how to stop it.
Hi, but I have read and understood nothing, sorry.
I've reinstalled twice Centovacast Beta, will be that this is not a bug in this version?

Thank you for helping me.
Hi, but I have read and understood nothing, sorry.
I've reinstalled twice Centovacast Beta, will be that this is not a bug in this version?
It was explained earlier in this thread that it's not a bug in Centova Cast, it's a bug in sctrans2 in which it crashes periodically if you use multiple mount points.  The only reason sctrans2 doesn't crash in other control panels is because other control panels don't support multiple mount points.

In theory, though, that would mean that you should be able to successfully use sctrans2 with Centova Cast with no crashing by limiting your clients to 1 mount point each.  Granted that's not ideal, but it's the best anyone is going to be able to do until this issue is resolved in sctrans2.

I understand, but I have just created a mount point. And yet he is restarting the streaming.

I created two mounting points and also was restarting, also created and only one was still restarting.

Thanks for helping me.
I understand, but I have just created a mount point. And yet he is restarting the streaming.
I should clarify that all of this is just based on anecdotal information from posters in this thread -- I have not tested any of those theories.  In fact, sctrans2 doesn't crash for me at all.

If it still crashes with just one mount point, then it's not a multiple mount point issue.  It's still an sctrans2 issue, though, so there's nothing we can do about it inside Centova Cast.

If anyone manages to track down what's causing this and a workaround is possible (eg: writing the configuration file differently) we'd certainly consider implementing it if possible... but at the moment, we have no idea why sctrans2 is crashing, no solid theories about what might be contributing to it, and no ability to reproduce it consistently.  So all I can say for now is that it's definitely not a problem within Centova Cast... beyond that, I'm afraid we don't know much more than you all do.
I understand. A shame, because there was much liked this new version and wanted to test it.
I'll wait out the official version and believe that there is this problem solved.

Thanks for answering my questions.

att;
CINTIA LAIA
BRAZIL
im experiencing this same problem but with ICES...

look the email... :

This message is to inform you that your streaming server went down in the past few minutes, but has been restarted successfully.

This message is for informational purposes only, and no action is required on your part.

How to fix this proboem ? ices are restarting all time, for what ????