auto dj keeps shutting off

Read 18731 times
Hello DRO

It's really a pleasure to talk to you and know that we can help with all of the new users here Centovacast v3

Thanks indeed to collaborate, we know that there is no obligation to help, but their help is worth gold to us, I know how to pay a monthly license for Centovacast Inc. that she should instead have an obligation to help us, but it is a BETA they do not give any official support, but you must pay them a monthly license this BETA version, good is not going to understand?

I have a test server in the air and that is giving this error, I tried to install it several times and used numerous versions and the error persists.

I have another test server with Centovacast v3 but he is running Shoutcast v1 and works perfectly fine, so the problem is even Shoutcast v2

I'll send you a message with offline data from the server and you can see what really happens on the server.

When you see the problem happening and when you find the problem, please post the solution here so that other users of the Forum can also solve their problems.

Thanks again Dro.
I think I have found the problem that was causing the auto dj to stop on its own.

After looking through the media folder, and the standard playlist rotation.. There was about 20 so songs that had a time of  0 and artist and album was listed at Unknown, and the kbps was listed as 0
Ahh OK, that could be it.  When certain source applications encounter a bad track, they try requesting another track a few times before eventually aborting and exiting with an error.  So that could very well have caused this behavior.

FWIW, though, this should have been recorded in the source logs as a series of errors every time the problem occurred.

but here is a sample of what my logs look like
'Track selector failed to obtain a valid track' means that Centova Cast was unable to find a song for ices to play.  Either your playlist configuration is bad (eg: somehow the user managed to end up with the autoDJ running but no tracks in a general rotation playlist or somesuch) or there is a database problem preventing Centova Cast from reading one of the track-related tables.

This should also leave *pages* of errors in the ices logs.

Also FWIW, this issue is entirely unrelated to the issue gutoeterno described with sc_trans2 in the thread he opened.

As for a resolution, check the user's playlist configuration and if it's OK, check your database integrity.  It's theoretically possible that this could be a bug, but it's *extremely* unlikely as we haven't made any changes to that part of the code in a very long time, and no issues have been reported with it in recent memory.

keep in mind I had to disable email because of the HUNDREDS of emails that were being sent out daily so I do know what some of these errors are for
On an aside, if you check the 'emails' table in your Centova Cast database you'll find a column named 'disabled'.  You can individually disable specific emails by setting 'disabled' to 1.

#3 I have provided you in your PM several months ago both of my servers passwords so you are more than welcome to check yourself,
Thanks -- I just needed a description of the problem as a starting point.

#4 When I loose clients, have to turn down sales,  "the sky REALLY is falling" for me, not sure you really understand the servers I use are not free, loosing money sucks
Sorry if that came across the wrong way.  What I meant, in a nutshell, was: if you encounter a bug, it would be much more helpful to post a bug report (as you usually do) rather than the occasional vague complaints about "brokenness".

In fact, your bug reports tend to receive higher priority than others simply because they tend to almost always be valid rather than wild goose chases... so posting a bug report is by far the fastest way to get your issues solved.

The faster I can identify the problem, the faster I can fix it, the faster your clients are happy, the less money you lose to it being a beta.

I started building sales pages for Centova v3 March 2010, it's been 3 years man, can't you understand the frustration and aggravation
Oh, trust me, I know the frustration of it taking so long.

What I will say, however, is that it won't be a full 3 years.
And we still have no solution to this problem AutoDJ!
And we still have no solution to this problem AutoDJ!
gutoeterno, please stop posting about your issue in this thread.  As I explained in my last message, the issue My Auto DJ is describing in this thread is unrelated to yours -- his is a playlist problem, whereas yours is a socket connection issue.