auto dj keeps shutting off

Read 18730 times
At the beginning of running v3.  It was working fine... now all of a sudden auto DJ just up and stops.

Have check all the logs, and it doesnt show any errors or nothing like that.  Doesnt even show that Auto DJ was dropped.

Any reason why it might be doing this?
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Same problem here, still .... same thing as you, nothing in the logs, no reason for this at all I don't understand it it was doing fine for months, about to give up on v3 for the 10th time all my clients are canceling now -- what's going on why is nobody responding ? :(
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Keep in mind its in Beta and you shouldn't be relying on a Beta for your clients to create income.
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
and maybe it's just the auto dj software at fault rather than Centova - not knowing what auto dj software that is actually being used.

as for the other comment, relying on beta software is not a good practise and is no wonder that your clients are not happy and you're having to refund money, etc. yes it's good to test things out but from a business point it seems crazy to rely solely on something that is clearly still beta / going into RC. though that's just my view.

[edit]
above post wasn't there when i first started replying.

-daz
Another user with the plumb problem. I'm struggling with this problem for over two months and still nothing, now testing in three different distributions of Linux and different versions of apache and mysql and nothing ...

Do nothing and restarts AutoDJ for yourself ......
1. Yes I know it's beta, thanks for pointing that out, but that does not mean I get a free license or do I get the servers for free, our clients also know this but if had been doing great for several months,
 I have 2 v3 servers, one I have not run updates on since around mid Nov. 2012, it's doing great not one problem ... my other v3 server is the one having problems, the one I have been keeping up with the updates, and the only why I know of a problem is when a client opens a ticket cause the OP is right, there is nothing in any logs that I can find, and I also have POP disabled because all it does is send mass emails for nothing.
The problem may not really as bad as I make it seem, but the problem is again I am not really sure how often it happens, I only know if a client opens a ticket so it could happen to every stream on this server, I don't know, I just hate waking up to trouble tickets like that you know?

No I do not have to give refunds in most cases the client does not even ask for them but I do give them very often if I even have a hint a client is not happy... which is why I still have them as clients, many times if you give back a penny you get back a many dollars in return because you have built up trust, but still, quality should be job #1 so if I don't have to give refund them I would rather not.

And Dro, myself and several others have many questions about the MP3 Key, I think you may have missed the topics they were a few months ago, could you check it out please http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2043.0
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
I agree with you My Auto DJ, but unfortunately nothing we solve our problem ....

It all too hard ....
And Dro, myself and several others have many questions about the MP3 Key, I think you may have missed the topics they were a few months ago, could you check it out please http://forums.centova.com/index.php?topic=2043.0
have replied, i hope you make sense of things.

-daz
I do not understand, why do not we cut to the chase and let's try to figure out what the reason is restarting AutoDJ?

Let us help .....
depends if you're going to be polite this time or not... ?

so what auto dj is everyone with the issue using - sc_trans or ices?  as i can only try to help if it is sc_trans.

i already know that gutoeterno is using sc_trans.

-daz
At the beginning of running v3.  It was working fine... now all of a sudden auto DJ just up and stops.

Have check all the logs, and it doesnt show any errors or nothing like that.  Doesnt even show that Auto DJ was dropped.
Unfortunately we need a lot more information to give you anything useful here.  Please define "up and stops".  Please also let us know what autoDJ and server software you're using.

Exactly what symptoms are you seeing?  Please include:
  • what happens if you try to tune into the stream itself? do you hear audio? is there an error message? if so, what?
  • does the IceCast or DNAS2 status page say that a source is connected?
  • do the Centova Cast status icons at the upper-righthand corner show a source connection?  Do they show the autoDJ as up?
  • what's in the event log around the time that the autoDJ "up and stopped"?
  • what's in the IceCast or DNAS2 and sc_trans2 or ices logs around the time that the autoDJ "up and stopped"?
  • the process list -- what do you get when you run 'ps auxwww | grep USERNAME' where USERNAME is the username for the affected stream?

If there is in fact nothing in the server/autoDJ error logs about this and the audio just magically stopped, then it's definitely not a Centova Cast issue and the problem will be within your server/autoDJ software.  (That's extremely unlikely to the point of near-impossibility, though -- you most likely just overlooked some error messages.)
Same problem here, still .... same thing as you, nothing in the logs, no reason for this at all I don't understand it it was doing fine for months, about to give up on v3 for the 10th time all my clients are canceling now -- what's going on why is nobody responding ? :(
My Auto DJ -- at the risk of sounding like a broken record here (as I repeat this every time you make one of these exasperated posts): if you don't report an issue, we can't fix it.  I did a quick search but I see nothing from you about this aside from "me too" posts from you in this thread and the other thread started by gutoeterno.  If you DID post about this (and the other issues you've alluded to in other threads, which I'll be responding to in a few moments) and I somehow overlooked it and failed to reply, I apologize in advance and kindly ask you to point me in the right direction.

With that said, in regard to the "me too" posts -- you can't have it both ways.  gutoeterno posted a log file which contained very clear errors showing that the source disconnected from the server, due to what looks like a networking or other communication error between DNAS2 and sc_trans2 (eg: likely not a Centova Cast-related issue at all) which you "me too"ed.  DJFire_CFR, on the other hand, is reporting "no errors" in the logs, which you also "me too"ed.

If you're finding errors in your logs, we need to know what they are.  If you're not finding errors in your logs... well, we probably need you to look harder, because the autoDJ likely won't just stop working silently. :)  But it can't be happening both ways.

In either case, please bear in mind that you have on several occasions given me a good bug report along with login information for your server, and I've made use of that to diagnose and resolve a few issues now.  You are more than welcome to continue doing that and I'll be more than happy to continue diagnosing issues for you in that manner.  Your reports have been great (and most appreciated) to date, I just don't understand the need to resort to "the sky is falling" posts every time you come across a bug, instead of just posting another bug report so we can get the issue fixed for you more promptly.
I think I have found the problem that was causing the auto dj to stop on its own.

After looking through the media folder, and the standard playlist rotation.. There was about 20 so songs that had a time of  0 and artist and album was listed at Unknown, and the kbps was listed as 0

After removing all of those songs, and re-saving the playlist, AFAIK,  AutoDJ hasnt stopped on its own.

So I might have solved my issue..
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
Hello DJFire_CFR

Thank you for helping us, tell me how you see this information?
In my test server is configured this way:

Linux CentOS 5.8 i386
Apache 2
MySQL 5.0.95
phpMyAdmin 2.11.11.3
Centovacast v3.0.0rc1
shoutcast2 --sctrans2

What happens is that the AutoDJ definitely for no reason and intermittent hours, there is no standard music to understand it, it works about 10, 20, 30, 40 minutes and intermittently.

When we Centovacast it on the dashboard of information is that the season is still going on and when the page appears Shoutcast Admin page not found, sometimes when we click on the START panel Centovacast yes give him back the ring and the Shoutcast Admin page reappears again.

If you do nothing, after about 5 minutes the audio automatically back exactly where it was stopped, this is very strange.

This is the symptom.

I really appreciate if you can help here with all of us!
Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:55:32 am by gutoeterno
#1 Well when I say "me too" that means I am having the exact same problem as the OP --- and by the way I did not start any of these posts about auto dj or server restarting for no reason and I had though the posters has also indicated there was nothing in the logs about it, but here is a sample of what my logs look like (keep in mind I had to disable email because of the HUNDREDS of emails that were being sent out daily so I do know what some of these errors are for), but when a client opens a ticket I try to find about the time that he/she submitted it and locate that time in the logs to see if I can find anything, but I never do  http://prntscr.com/olqvo

#2 I also indicated this problem was only happening on the server that I have been running updates on, my 2nd server I do not run updates on because you all had started putting out bad updates in Nov. Dec that broke the entire server and it would take days to fix sometimes, it's safer to not run the updates now it seems

#3 I have provided you in your PM several months ago both of my servers passwords so you are more than welcome to check yourself,

#4 When I loose clients, have to turn down sales,  "the sky REALLY is falling" for me, not sure you really understand the servers I use are not free, loosing money sucks -- I guess it's hard for people that have a lotta money to understand this, I started building sales pages for Centova v3 March 2010, it's been 3 years man, can't you understand the frustration and aggravation, just when I started making money some update took it all away now I'm loosing money on that server but must keep paying on it cause I have a few Icecast clients on it.

And Yes I know it's Beta, I was under the impression this would be done by now, should I just give up and tell the 50 clients to go elsewhere.... should I send them to Stream101 so they can pay $500/m for 500 listeners?
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA