Embedded Flash Player - crossdomain.xml

Read 11323 times
Hi to all,

I am trying to install a crossdomain.xml to allow a flash player to work correctly, this is normally placed within the root directory.

On CentocaCast V2 this was placed in the following directory  /home/centovacast/vhost/[account name]/web/

You could then test if it was successfully put in the correct place by accessing it within a web browser http://[server ip]:[port]/crossdomain.xml

So my question is where do I now place this on CentocaCast V3 ?

Looking at the new structure /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/[account name]/ there is not a web folder so I am now not sure where to place the crossdomain.xml to allow the flash player to correctly pull the song information. Wherever I have tried still gives me the usual Security Error: Error #2170

Thanks
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:07:31 am by Mark Carney
Well finally answered my own question so thought I would include where it needs to go for anyone else who is looking to do something similar and thereby save them a lot of searching.

For CentovaCast v3 the correct location is:

/usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/[account name]/etc/crossdomain.xml

Now I had already tried this and at first it did not work for some odd reason and turned out to be my browser not refreshing even though I was doing a Ctrl F5 to refresh the page with the player on it.

Anyway all working now and no more Security Error: Error #2170.

Enjoy
Fairly certain you meant /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/USERNAME/web/crossdomain.xml rather than etc/crossdomain.xml. ;)
Hi Steve,

Hum, on my Centos 6 system running the latest build of v3 the only web directory is in the following location:

/usr/local/centovacast/web/

Therefore /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/[account name]/etc/crossdomain.xml was the only place it would work for me.

The only directories inside /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/[account name]/  are as follows:

etc/
var/
index.html

So have absolutely no idea how my web directory is so far outside of here if it is supposed to be there as you suggest?

Within web I have the following directories:

admin/
client/
debug/
external/
ffmp3/
fonts/
login/
modules/
reseller/
rpc/
start/
swfupload/
system/
theme/

and various files.
Hum, on my Centos 6 system running the latest build of v3 the only web directory is in the following location:

/usr/local/centovacast/web/
If you don't see a vhosts/username/web/ directory, then you're not using IceCast.  I assumed you were since you made reference to seeing vhosts/username/web/ in v2, and the only time that existed in v2 was when using IceCast.  Similarly, it only exists in v3 when using IceCast.

Thanks for the clarification Steve,

I am actually running Icecast v2 ( icecast-2.3.2-5.x86_64) on the server, I have however tried updating it via your update --add but unfortunately the build is pulls is icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64 and therefore older, I assume as it was not compiled by Centova this is why the directories are missing and therefore causing all the confusion my end.

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64
Wrote: /root/rpmbuild/RPMS/x86_64/icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64.rpm
Executing(%clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.vbvxYB
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ cd icecast-2.3.2
+ '[' /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64 '!=' / ']'
+ rm -rf /root/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64
+ exit 0
Executing(--clean): /bin/sh -e /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.FDDvPB
+ umask 022
+ cd /root/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ rm -rf icecast-2.3.2
+ exit 0
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
        package icecast-2.3.2-5.x86_64 (which is newer than icecast-2.3.2-0.x86_64) is already installed
Could not install RPM built from source; check your rpmbuild configuration
Installer exited with error, aborting

I have therefore done a # /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/update --add --icecast-fromsrc this resulted in:

SNIP:

make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
test -z "/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin"
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'listclients.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/listclients.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'listmounts.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/listmounts.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'moveclients.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/moveclients.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'response.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/response.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'stats.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/stats.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'manageauth.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/manageauth.xsl'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'updatemetadata.xsl' '/usr/local/icecast/share/icecast/admin/updatemetadata.xsl'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/admin'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/admin'
Making install in win32
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
Making install in res
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32/res'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32/res'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32/res'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32/res'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-exec-am'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/win32'
Making install in examples
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/examples'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/examples'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/examples'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2/examples'
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2'
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2'
test -z "/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast" || /bin/mkdir -p "/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast"
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'README' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/README'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'AUTHORS' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/AUTHORS'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'COPYING' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/COPYING'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'NEWS' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/NEWS'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'TODO' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/TODO'
 /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'ChangeLog' '/usr/local/icecast/share/doc/icecast/ChangeLog'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/icecast-2.3.2'
Registering application in configuration files ...
Attempting to notify web control panel of software update ...
Saving to: â/tmp/ccapirespâ                                                     2012-12-18 15:40:03 (36.1 MB/s) - â/tmp/ccapirespâ                              Successfully updated web control panel configuration
Updating permissions ...
Installation successful

This then seems to have corrected any issues that I might have caused, time will tell. Thanks again for the clarification as to why I was not seeing the web folder. PS the current stream being tested is a Shoutcast v2 and works like a charm.

I assume as it was not compiled by Centova this is why the directories are missing and therefore causing all the confusion my end.
No, the web/ directory is created by Centova Cast when the stream account is and has nothing to do with how IceCast was installed.

If you're really using IceCast and don't have a web/ directory under /usr/local/centovacast/var/vhosts/USERNAME/ then something is wrong with your Centova Cast installation, and really, IceCast shouldn't be working very well (if at all) on your streams.

If you login to Centova Cast as one of your clients and click the "Admin" link under the "Server" heading, do you see the usual IceCast web interface or an error message?  If you get the web interface, then the web/ directory definitely exists and you're just not looking in the right place.  If you get an error message, then your /usr/local/centovacast/system/servers/IceCast/skel/ directory is likely somehow damaged and isn't getting copied to new accounts when they're created.