Multi DJ Accounts Working :)

Read 13403 times
Well done on the latest build :)

After a bit of playing around I managed to get MultiDJ's Accounts working it was not an easy thing but the 2 things that I did do was

1: change the following line
calendarrewrite=0 this was commented out (; calendarrewrite=1)
2:change the following line
djcipher=b******************f so that it was commented out all 3 account that i have tested work fine.

questions are welcome.

Craig
Hi.

Could You explain me that with more details how to get djports working ??

I still have "W   msg:[DJPROTOCOLUVOX] Login denied from XXXX" for non legacy mode (djport2)
and
"W   msg:[DJPROTOCOLSHOUTCAST] Login denied from XXXX:XXXX " for legacy mode (djport)

my source config:
Code: [Select]
;; VU Images
vuimagedirectory=var/spool/vuimages/
vuimagesuffix=jpg
vuimagemimetype=image/jpeg

;; ENCODER OPTIONS (MULTI)
endpointname_1=/stream
outprotocol_1=3
serverip_1=xxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxx
serverport_1=8000
password_1=xxxxx
uvoxuserid_1=
uvoxnewmetadata_1=1
uvoxmetadatafudgefactor_1=0
shoutcastmetadatafudgefactor_1=0
encoder_1=mp3
bitrate_1=128000
channels_1=2
samplerate_1=44100
mp3mode_1=0
mp3quality_1=0
streamid_1=1

;aacpbitstreamformat=0
;;; FLASH SECURITY
flashpolicyfile=var/lib/crossdomain.xml
flashpolicyserverport=0

;;;; LOGGING OPTIONS:
;where does the log file go
logfile=var/log/source.log
; 1 to do screen logging else 0
screenlog=0

;;;;;; METADATA CONTROL
; my stream name
streamtitle=Stream
; url related to my stream
streamurl=http://example.com
; my genre
genre=Genre
; other assorted stuff
aim=
irc=
icq=AP
; register with yp
public=0
;usemetadata=1
;metadatapattern=
;displaymetadatapattern=%R[ - ]%A[ - ]%N

;;;; PLAYLIST CONTROL
; your playlist
playlistfile=etc/playlist.conf
; by default we shuffle the playlist. Lets turn that off
shuffle=0
; set our crossfade time to 2 seconds. zero means no xfade
xfade=8
; file must be at least 20 seconds or we don't crossfade
xfadethreshold=20
; drop folder for priority playlists
playlists=var/spool/playlists/
; where finished priority playlists get copied
archive=var/spool/playlists/archive/

;;; CALENDAR EVENTS
calendarfile=var/spool/calendar.xml
calendarrewrite=0

;;; LIVE CAPTURE:
; don't capture
capture=0
; set capture parameters
;capturedevice=Sound Blaster
;captureinput=Line-In
;capturesamplerate=44100
;capturechannels=2

;;;; DJ SUPPORT:
; dj listen port
djport=8066
djport2=8068
;djcipher=f...................c
; idle time until auto-dump
autodumpsourcetime=30
; record dj broadcasts here
;djbroadcasts=c:\sc_trans\recorded\
;djcapture=
;djfilepattern=

;djlogin_0=
;djpassword_0=
;djpriority_0=1
;;;; MP3 ENCODING
unlockkeyname=XXXXXXXX
unlockkeycode=XXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX

;; REPLAY GAIN CONTROL:
applyreplaygain=0
calculatereplaygain=0

;;; OTHER:
adminport=8069
adminuser=XXXX
adminpassword=XXXXXX

;;; FILES
serverbackupfile=
serverintrofile=

djlogin_1=XXXX
djpassword_1=XXXX
djpriority_1=5

I would like to confirm that djports are working after changes mentioned above.

1. Go to setting and click "Raw Configuration"
2. Find line with "djcipher:......" and comment that out to look like this ";djcipher:....."
3. Find ";calendarrewrite=1" and uncoment that and change value to '0' to look like this " calendarrewrite=0"
4. Add Dj's in CC panel
5. Restart Your Server

I would like to mention that i don't know why but I'm able to connect 'djport' exactly as it is in config.

So in my situation this is ' djport=8066' so I'm connecting to port 8066, NOT like is in documentation 8066 + 1 (8067)

I as well found that when I'm connecting by sc_trans djports the 'Yellowpages" (DSP v.1) and "Directory" (DSP v.2) tabs details are not sent to sc_serv, just things like song title updates (DSP v1 and v2) and name from "Directory" tab in DSP v.2 which is readable ONLY as  XML in shoutcast admin area ( http://hostname.com:port/admin.cgi?sid=1&mode=viewxml&page=5 )

DrO have added few good things to shoutcast but he has take or forgot about some other really good functions which now are making a lot problems for online radio stations.

For me really good solution will be bring back possibility to send all data like in shoutcast v1 and DSP v1 from "Yellopages" tab.

Personally I was using fields:
'Description' - to provide Dj name
'AIM' -  to provide name of the show
'ICQ' - to provide unique ID of dj playing live to recognise them by my website (displaying dj photo, advanced dj stats, etc.)
I really miss that in Shoutcast v2 bundle ;(
Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 10:23:03 am by Headshaker
if the 'djcipher' field is being specified then that needs to be removed from the sc_trans and DNAS configurations as that will prevent any DJ connections unless they are configured to use it - it's only an option provided if specifically the end-to-end handling of the source-to-dnas authorisation needs to be limited in a more controlled manner than just via passwords (when working in v2 mode).

as i've said in other posts, the DJ port handling in sc_trans is confusing and causes issues (all implemented before my time) and when i'm able to get a stable build out (i've not been actively working on sc_trans due to other more important things). and it's not that i've forgotten things, it's purely my time is allocated in a way that generally means you're not going to like the turn-around time i have on issues with the tools at the moment (so it's not forgotten as daily i'm reminded that sc_trans is a pig to setup).

and you're correct that sc_trans isn't relaying basic information from it (especially when a DJ connects) to the DNAS as the v1 protocol doesn't allow for it and sc_trans hasn't had code changes to allow it to be sent when it (not the DJ connection) is in v2 mode. this is being thought about, it's just a matter of time and resource allocation to be able to get to it.

as for the 'fields', AIM and ICQ can still be sent but we're not using them anymore for the site listings, etc. and i have put things in place with the v2 DNAS so that source tools can send a 'DJ' value which would equate to the 'Description' field you mention so there is a formal value for identifying the source connection on the DNAS which can be obtained via the stats from the DNAS (so it can be accessed from control panels, etc).

-daz
if the 'djcipher' field is being specified then that needs to be removed from the sc_trans and DNAS configurations as that will prevent any DJ connections unless they are configured to use it
Thanks -- current Centova Cast builds autogenerate a key at account-creation time automatically.  I've changed this so that it'll leave it blank for the next build.
I finally got this to work but only in v1 mode

After following HeadSHakers instructions (much thanks) I restarted and

- In Sam I selected SHOUTcast v1
- I used the DJ port which is the main port + 2 (That should also be listed in the Quicklinks I would think)
- I used this format for password (do not miss the : between the username and password)
username:password
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
SAM doesn't do well as a v2 DJ client to sc_trans most of the time (and my understanding is you can only properly do it with their 'pro' versions) since a lot of the SAM versions don't allow you to enter the 'DJ name'.

though the complexity of setting up the sc_trans dj ports doesn't help (as has been covered in other posts about it).

-daz
Don't know about all that but I have tested in both Sam 4.9 and Sam 4.2 (which does not even have v2 support) and it's working great, I think Centova just needs to enter a little more info in the quick links for users as there is no mention of correct dj port or the format for the password with v1 format (see screenshot)

http://prntscr.com/pxali
(DJ Port is 8958 for this stream)(Password format is username:password)

Also I am not able to give clients access to the config files, I change it to --- under Limits Tab, the Raw Config option will not change from prohibited to permitted

But these are very minor things, this is great as most of my clients are DJ's and now I can at last get rid of that zero feature WHMShit & I take back all the bad things I said I am back in love with v3 !
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
until the next bug ;)

most of the autodj issues stem from sc_trans itself rather than Centova - is just getting me time allocated to finish off a new release which is likely causing issues to persist which i have fixed or can fix with a bit of time to work on them.

-daz