remote SQL installation issues

Read 7997 times
Hi, I'm trying to install Centovacast on a vps with the sql running on another box. I've done this before and have a current setup working great. However now when I try it, It keeps trying to connect to localhost. For example:

Error 1045: Access denied for user 'dbstream_europe1'@'europe1.manevis.it' (using password: YES)
Using host db.streaminguy.co.uk with username dbstream_europe1

The config file just has the "db.streaminguy.co.uk" as the host and the username is just dbstream_euorpe1, I cant find anywhere in the config file that even mentions europe1.manevis.it (the hostname of the server) any idea where to check/what to change?

Cheers

Matt
Matthew Brown
Manevis IT
T: 01721 300 000
e: matthew@manevisit.co.uk
w: www.manevis.it
Matt,

Is your host allowed access to from the vps to the SQL server?
Hey,

Its a Dedi box running a fresh build of centos 6.4

the remote sql server is allowed for the centovacast server.

the yum commands worked fine so it must be able to see the web etc. Its stumped me a bit. only differnece I can think of is the centos version as I'm sure my other installation is 5.x something.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Matt
Matthew Brown
Manevis IT
Have you added a mysql host europe1.manevis.it to the username dbstream_europe1 on the db server?
Hi,

Yep its added to remotely access the sql db server
Matthew Brown
Manevis IT
I see your using cpanel on the db server you are sure you went into remote access hosts and added europe1.manevis.it to it ?? This is a mysql issue .. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with centovacast
Hey, Thank for the pointer, The issue was with the provider. although the remote ip was in the mysql allow list. The provider had a seperate firewall which needed a whitelist.  Thanks for your help

Matt
Matthew Brown
Manevis IT