Centova Cast - New Version .... When?

Read 36279 times
Does any1 know if the new sc_trans will be included with this update?
If so, will it be able to do what IceCast does, detect a live source and automatically switch in mp3 format?
Any chance of getting a few details of some of the new features of the new Centova Cast?
Will this have a upload form built in, or will users still be required to upload via ftp?
Will this have a better flash player that does not skip, as the current minicaster does?
Thanks!
Does any1 know if the new sc_trans will be included with this update?
Yes.

If so, will it be able to do what IceCast does, detect a live source and automatically switch in mp3 format?
This is a built-in feature of sc_trans v2, so yes.

Any chance of getting a few details of some of the new features of the new Centova Cast?
We don't generally publish feature lists prior to release, but hopefully this at least answers a few of your questions. ;)

Will this have a upload form built in, or will users still be required to upload via ftp?
Both are supported.  The new upload interface is particularly snazzy and I think most folks will be pleasantly surprised with it.

Will this have a better flash player that does not skip, as the current minicaster does?
A few points here:
  • Minicaster should not skip.  It does disconnect/reconnect every 10min or so to avoid having Flash eat all of your available memory (which maybe is what you meant?) but that's a shortcoming of Flash and is not Minicaster's fault -- all Flash-based players will suffer from this until Adobe adds support for "real" MP3 streaming.
  • Centova Cast v2.x does not bundle any Flash player nor require you to use any specific one -- you/your host may have installed Minicaster, but you can use any one you want, and
  • Yes, v3 does bundle a very nice Flash player which is installed and works out-of-the-box.

Also, for those who are wondering, we're currently well into the second of three planned private alpha releases, after which we will be releasing a public beta of v3.  And to confirm the obvious comments in this and other threads, yes, we're waaaayy behind our original tentative second-quarter release schedule, but it was always just that -- tentative. :)  v3 has suffered from massive feature creep, so while it's loaded with new goodies, it's taken a bit longer than expected... but hopefully it's worth it!
Any update about new version?  ???
Happy new year to all Centovians!

Would be great to know how the new version is progressing.  I'm hoping it will be able to handle playlists with more sophistication... maybe even accept playlists generated in other applications, e.g. Station Playlist Creator.
How about offering the beta version, just not it as no guarantee on performance or operation -- many of us have several servers and would love to give the new version a try on one -- I'm planing on creating a flash video of screenshots but can't start till I can actually take some screenshots!
Centova,

Any news? are sure that I have to wait one more year for the new version? :o

Check the front page of our web site. :)
Check the front page of our web site. :)

Very nice...hopefully it has answers for the small amount of shortcomings I've found in the last few days of using it (they've already been expressed by others here, so I won't repeat them). :) Looks like we came at the right time!
So I am the only one that keeps checking the countdown clock?
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Dont worry your not the only one haha
Dont worry your not the only one haha

+1
Wait; why are we counting down until 7:39am Eastern time (it currently shows 8:15 left)??  ???
Eagerly waiting this Beta release  ;D