Preparing to install Centova Cast on a CPanel server
How do I prepare my CPanel server before installing Centova Cast?
Please note that these instructions are provided only as a courtesy to our customers; we cannot provide technical support for working with third-party control panels.
That said, these are the procedures used by our installing technicians to disable restrictions which would prevent Centova Cast from operating on CPanel servers:
- Login to your WHM control panel as root (i.e., at
- Under Security, click
PHP open_basedir Tweak.
- CPanel will display a list of web sites hosted on your server. Find the
one on which you want to run Centova Cast. Place a checkmark in the box next
to it, and click
Saveat the bottom of the page.
- Next, you must disable PHP Safe Mode if it is enabled. CPanel makes it
easy to disable safe mode for your entire server, but it is trickier to
disable it just for one web site. If you don't mind disabling safe mode for
ALL sites on your server, simply click
Service Manager(under Service Configuration), and then set Safe Mode to
Save. Then skip the remaining steps.
- If you don't want to disable safe mode for ALL of your sites, you'll need to just disable it for the domain on which you want to use Centova Cast. To do that, follow the remaining steps, but be extremely careful as any minor mistake could render your web site unusable.
- Login to your server via SSH.
- Run the following command:
Ctrl+W, enter your the domain name (i.e.,
yourdomain.com), of the web site on which you want to use Centova Cast. Press enter to search for your web site's configuration.
You should see something like:
<VirtualHost 10.203.17.49> ServerName yourdomain.com ...(several other lines here) </VirtualHost>
Immediately before the
</VirtualHost>line, add the following line:
php_admin_value safe_mode Off
So the finished result should look something like:
<VirtualHost 10.203.17.49> ServerName yourdomain.com ...(several other lines here) php_admin_value safe_mode Off </VirtualHost>
Yeswhen asked to save changes.
- Run the following command to restart Apache:
At this point, CPanel should be configured correctly to allow the installation
of Centova Cast, and you should be able to run Centova Cast's
script at this time.
The only remaining issue that may be commonly encountered on a CPanel server is a potential ionCube loader issue described separately in this article.