I see "401 Forbidden", "404 Not Found", or "500 Internal Server Error" when accessing iPanel/iHost in my browser
I see "401 Forbidden", "404 Not Found", or "500 Internal Server Error" when accessing iPanel/iHost in my browser.
This is a problem with your server, not iPanel/iHost. To understand why, it helps to understand how requests are handled by your server when you bring up a page in your web browser.
- Browser connects to Apache, says I want to receive the page /billing/client/index.php
- Apache looks up the path for
/billing/client/index.phpand makes sure it exists
- Apache fires up PHP, and says I need you to run /billing/client/index.php, and then send me back the HTML
- PHP opens
/billing/client/index.phpand reads the script it contains
- PHP passes control to the script (iPanel/iHost in this case) which runs and generates its HTML, and passes that HTML back to PHP
- PHP sends the HTML back to Apache.
- Apache sends it back to your browser.
This is of course heavily oversimplified, but generally that's how a normal request works. The problem in your case is
that in step 2 (for code
404 errors) or steps 2-4 (for code
500 errors) Apache or PHP is unable or
unwilling to open the script file.
As illustrated above, this takes place long before PHP ever passes control to iPanel/iHost (in step 5), so there's nothing in iPanel/iHost that could cause this problem. As such, this is an Apache/PHP issue and you'll need to contact your systems administrator and ask him to look into this problem for you.