Crossfade

Read 11793 times
Hi one and all.....

Why are some items not made available to end user...

Channels
Specifies the number of channels to use in the audio stream. Use Mono for a mono stream,
Stereo for a stereo stream, or Auto to play each track as it was recorded.
If set to any value other than Auto, transcoding will be enabled which will significantly
increase the CPU usage of the stream.

Sample Rate
Specifies the sample rate for your stream in hertz. If set to Auto, each track will be played as it
was recorded.
If set to any value other than 0, transcoding will be enabled which will significantly increase the
CPU usage of the stream.

Crossfade length
Specifies the duration in seconds of cross-fades between tracks, or 0 to disable cross-fading.
If set to any value other than 0, transcoding will be enabled which will significantly increase the
CPU usage of the stream.

We have encounted problems which if we had access to especially the crossfade facility would assist us no end.....I cannot see any reason why the end user does not have access.

purpledj
I agree. Why can't we have access to controls like this, it'd be very handy and save us contacting our stream host to get them changed.

(http://www.themixradio.co.uk/tmrbanner.jpg)

(http://www.themixradio.co.uk/tmrbanner.jpg)
Why are some items not made available to end user

They're disabled by default because they can dramatically affect the amount of CPU usage on the server, so your admin might not want you tinkering with them.

We have encounted problems which if we had access to especially the crossfade facility would assist us no end

If that's the case then I'd recommend contacting your host and having a discussion with them about the possibility of enabling client access to those settings.  I'm afraid we can't really do much about this on your behalf; if your host doesn't want to turn them on, that's their choice, and it would be inappropriate of us to force it upon them by removing the option to disable them.