CentovaCast AutoDj and Mp3PRO Decoding

Read 13376 times
Hi Guys:

I'm NOT an experince Radio Internet Streamer. I want to know if Centova Cast is Mp3PRO compatible or if this plug-in to decode this type of audio music files, needs to be installed as an INDEPEDENT plug-in to function with CENTOVACAST in Auto Dj Mode. I used to have an account with Live365 Internet Radio Streamers and this servers were Mp3PRO compatible. Now I have a NEW account with a Shoutcast Radio Server Company.

My concern is because my whole audio library is encoded at 56KbpsMp3PRO-Stereo and i don't want loss SoundQuality.
I upload some 56KbpsMp3PRO audio files to the Shoutcast server to test CentovacastAutoDj (is amazing) but listening to the stream files, I had audio quality loss.

Give me some alternatives is any to this.

THANKS
Diapason Jibaro Radio
If you're savvy enough to have pre-encoded all of your MP3s to the correct bit rate, you can ask your stream host to disable media re-encoding for your autoDJ.  That will allow Centova Cast to stream your media as-is, without doing further encoding/processing on it which would cause quality loss.

You can ask your host to refer to this article which explains the benefits/drawbacks to this, and how to modify your account if desired.
Hi Steve,

As you recommend me I change the SetUp in the CentovaCast Control Panel and now I can heard my station at 56KbpsMp3PRO (AutoDj) Of course any listeners needs an Mp3PRO Compatible Player. Now I can tell the difference in Sound Quality.

THANKS AGAIN,

Uriel Hernandez
Diapason Jibaro Radio
http://www.diapasonjibaro.com