How do you guys do a remote show? WHat software do you use to connect to Centova

Read 4590 times
Hey all....
Was just thinking of possibly doing some radio shows once a week or there about. I currently simply have a few channels that i stream on for different genres of music.

I was thinking of doing some kind of music talk show. My setup is on a cloud server with centovacast running in autodj mode. Everything works as is. Its pretty dam stable i have to say,  zero downtime over the last few years...

So does any one here stream a show from a remote location to the centovacast server? I mean like have the autodj playing as normal, then switch to the live remote  show, then switch back to autodj after the remote broadcast is over.

What do you guys/gals do?

Have a great day and stay safe!

Rob
Montreal, Canada
Rob, There are a few very nice programs available and a few of them are OpenSource.
If you're on Windows I recommend SAM Broadcast or DJ program although if on a budget you could use Mixxx which is also available for Windows, Apple and Linux.
I broadcast live on Sunday afternoon from my home studio using Ubuntu 20.x and Mixxx. I like SAMS Broadcaster the best but I no longer use Windows.
Tommy TBones
Owner
440MUSIC.COM
Broadcasting Indie Music since March 1999
Hey all....
Was just thinking of possibly doing some radio shows once a week or there about. I currently simply have a few channels that i stream on for different genres of music.

I was thinking of doing some kind of music talk show. My setup is on a cloud server with centovacast running in autodj mode. Everything works as is. Its pretty dam stable i have to say,  zero downtime over the last few years...

So does any one here stream a show from a remote location to the centovacast server? I mean like have the autodj playing as normal, then switch to the live remote  show, then switch back to autodj after the remote broadcast is over.

What do you guys/gals do?

Have a great day and stay safe!

Rob
Montreal, Canada

We do this routinely. Our DJ's are using a variety of programs. One uses VirtualDJ from a Macintosh, another SAM Broadcaster, and a couple of them use Mixxx, available from Mixxx.org. That last one isn't without its issues, but it has the overarching advantage of being free, as in beer.