Stable Version

Read 8589 times
Has there been any advancements on version 3.0 or have you come any closer to a scheduled release date of a stable release.
Right now we are sticking to our official estimate:

Soon™

But seriously, they are working very hard on squashing all those nasty v3.0 bugs and to get you a more stable version for your music pleasures :)
They have a long work to do this year hope to have a stable version.  ;D
Any idea on an updated timeline for a Stable Release version of 3.0?
Work is still continuing, although we cannot give any date of release.
hey staff

its been over a year now since you guys first released centovacast 3.0 beta

so how much longer until the release of centovacast 3.0 stable

let me know please

thanks
Hello,

Unfortunately development on v3 BETA had to be put on hold for the better part of 2011.

After the issues with our licensing servers last year, resources had to be focused on recruiting and training new staff for support and development as well as securing our infraestructure.

It wasn't till early 2012 when v3 entered a new phase of heavy development, and althoug we are not in liberty to disclose any information, I can say that the estimate of "soon" it's quite more accurate this time around.

EDIT: It seems I've made some comments out of place without clarifying first, so let me explain by answering some FAQS.

Q.- Has there been any advancements on version 3.0 or have you come any closer to a scheduled release date of a stable release?
A: Yes we have, our developers are working hard on v3 and we're getting closer.

Q.- Any idea on an updated timeline for a Stable Release version of 3.0?
A: Unfortunatelly NO, we cannot estimate the release date for v3 BETA much less the STABLE.

Q.- It's been over a year now since you guys first released centovacast 3.0 beta, so how much longer until the release of centovacast 3.0 stable?
A: We honestly don't know, our developers first have to fix the bugs found in the early BETA, after that we'll have to run a second testing period (BETA 2), and then we can aim to a STABLE.

Q.- When will the second BETA period will begin then?
A: When our developers consider that the software is viable for testing and hopefully all major bugs have been eliminated.

UPDATE: Beta 2, Is currently ongoing.

Q.- Could you at least estimate if it will be weeks or months?
A: Honestly NO, unfortunatelly we don't know how long it will take our developers work through all the bugs.

Q.- Then why do you say that it will be ready "soon"?
A: Development on v3 "BETA" had to be put on hold for the better part of 2011 due to unforseen circumstances, it wasn't till early this year that our development team got back on track, thus obviously our previous estimates are no longer accurate.

At the time of writing this we are getting close to release the BETA again for a second testing period, but although it should be more stable, this will not be a STABLE version.

Q.- Will the new beta be ready for production use?
A: Definitively NO, although we hope it to be usable you should under no circumstance use a testing version on a production enviroment.

Q.- How much will it cost me to upgrade?
A: Anyone with current support coverage is entitled to use v3 when it reaches stable release. Leased licenses are always covered, however owned licenses are only covered for one year after purchase, and it might be necessary to order another year of coverage in order to upgrade.
Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:50:37 pm by Roger