CentovaCast is dead?

Read 3414 times
I have several servers with Centova Cast for many years, it has always been a very functional tool

However for the last 4 years, I have been seeing a decline on the part of the centova team even though it is reduced as they insist on speaking.

In the last few years, I have not seen any news in the system or even an improvement

At 4 years the responsive is something normal in our daily lives, except in the centova where it does not exist for precisely 4 years I question it the centova per ticket and the answer is always the same I would have to redo the panel our team is reduced and this takes longer but already if more than enough time has passed to recreate this system completely from 0 don't tell me otherwise, at the same time, other panels with much smaller teams have emerged: Sonicpanel / Azuracast / Castcontrol in all of those mentioned, the only point that the centova wins is in this regard AUTO DJ and only, the rest is totally inferior both in interface / players / statistics / integrations.

Centova's players are FLASH it hasn't worked for about 3 years and neither a player removal update has been made nor a player update for HTML5

The use of SSL has been necessary for 2 years and we already knew that it was moving towards its mandatory nature, however the centova goes against this and in almost 1 year where ssl is mandatory we do not see any sign of life by the centova team. otherwise they want to charge an extra amount for something that should be native.

Yes, I know that ssl shoutcats is only in version 2.6 and icecast only on a secondary port, however with as many proxy options on the market as the real difficulty of centova in elaborating an additional window on the panel with a pre-configured nginx proxy.

But tell me what you want more I see Centova as a company that is letting its own panel die and if it is working on some miraculous UPDATE you should at least notify your community to be aware of the future of the panel.

I am sad because I have a strong attachment to the centova for this stability that has always provided, but with each passing day I find myself increasingly out of date compared to its competitors.

Functions that I see are currently dead in centova:
- Native Players - Flash
- Start Page - WITHOUT SSL / Flash Player
- SSL - Native proxy mode does not support SSL
- Statistics - They do not support much data and are not excluded after long cycles
- Shoutcast - does not support its new version 2.6 (even if paying the license)
- Centova layout- Not responsive or friendly to the current scenario
- Closed source layout - it is impossible to try to adapt to any more modern scenario.
- Apis - most of them are out of date operating in standards that will soon be discontinued (itunes / lastfm / googlemaps)

And how do you see the future of centova?
They keep the flash player, although it is already obsolete, they also offer jplayer integrated by default as an alternative.

By modifying the templates we can offer a more pleasant experience for our users, automatic SSL through a proxy and the player with adaptable width. You can check here: https://prnt.sc/uaev8q

Even so, there are certain errors that are only solved by restarting the application, sonic panel, media cp that had a messy control panel, they are gaining ground.   :(

You right.

I wonder why they dont update this. This are only a few changes. As i read here in forum, they do it actually only with an additional payment on ticket requests.

- Shoutcast - does not support its new version 2.6 (even if paying the license)

Not right. Also possible in V3 with a few changes. But it seems they not interest in update v3 anymore.

- Centova layout- Not responsive or friendly to the current scenario
- Closed source layout - it is impossible to try to adapt to any more modern scenario.

Not right. Can be completely customized. No closed sources in this part. But you right, normally they should have an standard responsive solution.

---

Sonicpanel have not used actually. I know it is in beta now, but it was the WHMSonic Developer. And this is absolutely bullshit. No real progress and with every new update they release also new bugs. With this feeling i have definitely no interest in sonicpanel.

Castcontrol is really great. Lot of updates and good progress overall. I tried on one Server between 2015 - 2017. The hardest part in this panel is, that the design itself is absolutely user unfriendly. Sure you can do your own design, but at this time i didn´t have the options that i have here with centova. The support showed no real interest in changing some things. So im done with this.

Azuracast is fantastic. Lot of futures. Easy Panel. Everything is great. I personally don´t like the Docker Part. Sure Docker is great and easy for users who just install Azuracast, but with Docker you will run in a lot of other error Szenarios when changing things. I know Azuracast can be installed without Docker, but overall sometimes the panel have some errors or missing features, that will me stop to using it for users.

Thats what i can say to this. For me actually centova is still the most stable solution out there. I personally have changed the most parts that the community was complaining about, but i know this is not an option for an normal user. I will wait this year if something was happening with centova. Otherwise 2 ways are planned by my side. I do an own solution or using Azuracast for our purposes and supporting the open source community with improvements.
Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 02:45:52 am by scysys