FTP Login Incorrect - Directory in Centova doesn't exist!

Read 15934 times
Hey guys. Support is, as usual, not being helpful whatsoever (ignored me and just flagged the ticket to Steve, so I'll probably see a reply in August), so I'm hoping I can call upon the community here to help me out.

We have CentovaCast 2 installed on our server (known as Garfield) and we removed it entirely to install proftpd, then reinstall CentovaCast so that it would pick up on FTP integration. The install.sh successfully noticed proftpd and said it set up FTP integration. However, it does not work.

I tried to log in with one of the account names and passwords that I have in CentovaCast and it says this:

Code: [Select]
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 FTP Server ready.
Command: USER cardinal
Response: 331 Password required for cardinal
Command: PASS ************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

I am absolutely positive that the password is correct.

Now, here's something NEW I noticed. I went on my server, and I did this:

cat /etc/proftpd.conf

There is a section at the bottom that shows CentovaCast has changed the AuthFile line to something CentovaCast has control over and can edit:

AuthUserFile /home/centovacast/ftp/passwd
AuthGroupFile /home/centovacast/ftp/group

But here's the funny thing - that ftp directory does not exist in my CentovaCast installation! Why not? I used the install.sh from the tarball in the client area just like everyone else. So why wasn't this installed?

[root@cardinal etc]# cd /home/centovacast/ftp
-bash: cd: /home/centovacast/ftp: No such file or directory

Does anyone have any ideas or fixes, has anyone else experienced this? Thoughts?

Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
Hey everyone

I have that same problem as well

so how can i fix it then

any ideas
Have you read the actual documentation for Proftpd integration??

You need to add the file centovacast-userdump.php into a directory (We use /home/centovacast/ftp) then setup a cron job to run every 5 minutes (Or however often you want it to run)

This will take all the Centovacast Username and Passwords and add them to the same directory as the following files: passwd and group

You need to make sure that the ownership of the file is centovacast (chown it) and then that the cron is executed as centovacast.

in proftp.conf you then need to check the following line:

AuthOrder

Make sure this is not hashed out, then add in the following:

mod_auth_file.c

So you should have: AuthOrder mod_auth_file.c (There may be other things listed, but list the mod_auth_file.c first always)

Finally, I would suggest adding: DefaultRoot ~

under the two bits that Centovacast has aded already.

Then, all you need to do is restart proftpd (/etc/init.d/proftpd restart)

And everything should work!

You need to add the file centovacast-userdump.php into a directory (We use /home/centovacast/ftp) then setup a cron job to run every 5 minutes (Or however often you want it to run)

This will take all the Centovacast Username and Passwords and add them to the same directory as the following files: passwd and group

You need to make sure that the ownership of the file is centovacast (chown it) and then that the cron is executed as centovacast.

AuthOrder

mod_auth_file.c

So you should have: AuthOrder mod_auth_file.c (There may be other things listed, but list the mod_auth_file.c first always)

Hey everyone

I do not know what you guys are talking about at all

I am only a kid with autism and OCD okay

I need someone to fix this problem for me please

thanks

AuthOrder

mod_auth_file.c

Hey everyone

thanks

Then your best bet is probably to fill a ticket.... I doubt you want to give full system access to someone random on the forums...
Hey everyone

thanks

I tried to explain this in as simple terms as possible. You can have FTP integration done professionally for you for $20 which will make sure that your server is configured properly for you.

This can be ordered on this page: https://secure.centova.com/cp/order/?group=1763