Database Size

Read 2967 times
As time goes on I noticed the database file gets very large.

Is there a way to trim that down... perhaps remove some of the older information?

We've already had a problem where our MYSQL crashed because there was not enough room on the server. There was plenty, but I guess wherever the database stores itself was at its limit.

This resulted in some parts of the database needing repair.

So - can the file size be trimmed down without hurting anything? If yes, how?

Thank,
Louis

Is there a way to trim that down... perhaps remove some of the older information?

We've already had a problem where our MYSQL crashed because there was not enough room on the server. There was plenty, but I guess wherever the database stores itself was at its limit.

Thank,
Louis

Really to large or an error with your database itself? I have an installation here with more than 1 million listeners a month. Sure the database gets bigger over the time, but theire is nothing thats crash! The only thing is that the reports are not loading on first access. But thats an other error which i already have reported.

If you want to trim your database size, you can delete anything that has to do with statistics. But only do this when you know what you are doing and always make backups before you working on your installation.

Thank,
Louis

The bulk of that data is listener statistics. And personally I purge all old records from that table from 12am 1st January each yeah. Good luck.