Advice On Central Media Library Setup

Read 13413 times
Hi guys, I want to symlink all centova cast accounts to a central music library but need some advice.

Here is an example of an existing account on my server using centova cast and icecast:

/home/centovacast/vhost/testacct

I am using a subdomain for the icecast service at radio.mydomain.com & currently run cpanel for each website account on the server.

1) Can I use a folder under that domain as the central music library? i.e.

user/radio.mydomain.com/public_html/files/

2) if I create a symlink, do I create the destination as 'user/radio.mydomain.com/public_html/files/' and the link goes in /home/centovacast/vhost/testacct ?

If that is correct I then think I should do the following:

cd /home/centovacast/vhost/testacct
in -s /home/centovacast/vhost/testacct user/radio.mydomain.com/public_html/files/

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you.

actually.. I think it should be, in this example:

cd /home/centovacast/vhost/testacct
in -s /home/centovacast/vhost/testacct /home/cpanel/user/radio.mydomain.com/public_html/files/

Does that look right?

Thanks
surprised no one has any idea here. I will post up the answer for everyone when I have tested it.
Is this what you look for ? https://secure.centova.com/pages/faqs/display/can_i_move_my_media_files_to_a_93

I see it is an old thread, but still a reply ;)
Thank you JJ, yes this is helpful stuff.

Thank you for replying.

Guy
If the symlink'd files have the right permissions, it should work.

Although, if you open your mp3s for the world to download, you might open yourself to lawsuits...
Thanks Steve, got it working nicely now. I dont have a legal problem as I have contracts with all the artists I use.