TIME speech synthesis of the current time: time

Read 3010 times
I have been looking for away to implement the server time into to play-out stream, wondered if others think this would be a great feature?

TIME, speech synthesis of the current time: time: It is exactly @, and you're still listening.

I have found this (liquidsoap) h**p://savonet.sourceforge.net/doc-svn/concepts.html which has this facility and I myself would love to see this.

Sorry for the link to a competitor.
I have been looking for away to implement the server time into to play-out stream, wondered if others think this would be a great feature?

I've considered this, not just for time but also for other "automation-friendly" blurbs like current weather or announcing the upcoming song.  The problem is that you need to have festival installed... even liquidsoap, to which you linked, requires festival.  Festival is a fairly complex bit of software though, and unless your distro provides festival binary packages (heck, even if it DOES provide binaries for it) it can be a real pain to set up for less-experienced admins.  So much so that I'm not sure if we want to be responsible for providing technical support for integration with it. :)

Sorry for the link to a competitor.

It doesn't seem so much to be a competitor as it does to be just another streaming source like ices, ezstream, etc., which Centova Cast already supports.  We could probably even add liquidsoap support to Centova Cast's autoDJ system if there was significant demand for it.  To be honest I'd never even heard of it myself, until you mentioned it, so I'm really not sure how popular it is.