error mysql

Read 15176 times
hello,

i cannot install centova i have this error.

Sorry, a database connection could not be established:

Could not connect to database: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Please double-check the database details you specified and try again.

i try install this and show the same error.

This is noted in the FAQ in the developer forum but it doesn't look like it's been posted publicly, so here it is:

Q: Sorry, a database connection could not be established:
Could not connect to database: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication

A: This means you've configured MySQL with old_passwords=1 in /etc/my.cnf.  Please do not do this.  It's insecure and has been deprecated since MySQL 4 was released years ago.  The only reason to have this enabled is if you have extremely old software from the MySQL v3.x era connecting directly to MySQL (which you almost certainly don't) -- and otherwise, it's just a security risk.

Unfortunately this is a default setting from the CentOS folks, so if you're on CentOS you'll need to change this manually before installing Centova Cast.  You'll probably also need to reset the password for the MySQL account you created for Centova Cast after setting old_passwords=0 as well.

To further elaborate, Centova Cast uses PHP v5.3's new mysqlnd driver to access MySQL databases, and mysqlnd doesn't support this ancient password style, thus Centova Cast doesn't/can't either.
Please explain in detail how to correct the error when entering the Mysql paiel of installation.
 I am using a translator and did not understand how to solve the problem.
 reporting error details:

Sorry, a database connection could not be established:

Could not connect to database: mysqlnd cannot connect to MySQL 4.1+ using the old insecure authentication. Please use an administration tool to reset your password with the command SET PASSWORD = PASSWORD('your_existing_password'). This will store a new, and more secure, hash value in mysql.user. If this user is used in other scripts executed by PHP 5.2 or earlier you might need to remove the old-passwords flag from your my.cnf file

Please double-check the database details you specified and try again.

Thanks

You just need to edit your MySQL configuration file and remove the line that starts with "old_passwords".  Usually the file is /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf.

edit: forgot to mention, per My Auto DJ below, you do also need to restart MySQL.

on CentOS:
/etc/init.d/mysqld restart

on Debian:
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

Also, per my original post:
You'll probably also need to reset the password for the MySQL account you created for Centova Cast after setting old_passwords=0 as well.
Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 03:13:08 pm by Centova - Steve
I did as its orientation, but the error remains ...
 It is necessary to start the process of beginning the install mode?
 Is there some other procedure to be done?
Did you also restart?

or restart your server
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Hello,

i will remove this and i have the same error. i can fix this with follow details.

fresh server centos:

yum install mysql mysql-server
service mysqld start

yum install php
service httpd restart

Regards.
You just need to edit your MySQL configuration file and remove the line that starts with "old_passwords".  Usually the file is /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf.

edit: forgot to mention, per My Auto DJ below, you do also need to restart MySQL.

on CentOS:

on Debian:
/etc/init.d/mysql restart

Also, per my original post:
You'll probably also need to reset the password for the MySQL account you created for Centova Cast after setting old_passwords=0 as well.

Hi,

I just did this and i still have the error message .
and yes I also restart mysql
If you changed the /etc/my.cnf and added (or uncommented) OLD_PASSWORDS = 0 and updated the cnetovacast password in mysql on the server it should work.

Try on shell access after you edited the my.cnf and restarted mysql:

mysqladmin -u root -p'oldpassword' password 'newpasword'

After that you need also change the user for the centovacast database you created (if it is different from root user):

If it does not work drop me a line and i can take a peak if you wish.
Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:59:58 pm by J.J. Draijer