Active_From and Active_Until in general rotation playlists is being ignored

Read 9988 times
Our hosting company upgraded to the latest MySQL software, but unfortunately it made no difference.  It continues to ignore the specified activation period in general playlists ever since upgrading to v3.2.1 on July 22th.

As a result, I've changed all the playlists back to Scheduled, which means we can only play 1 random track from the correct speaker on the correct hour, rather than before where the general rotation list became active at the top of the correct hour and would play the next track in the sequence.

i.e. This feature continues to be broken:
"Activation period
General rotation playlists can also be limited to a specific period of the day. This can be used to play lighter songs in the morning and heavier songs in the afternoon, for example. If no time period is selected, the playlist will be active for the entire day."  http://www.centova.com/doc/cast/user_manual/02_reference_manual/12_playlist

More than 2 months often opening a ticket with Centova, they have not offered any help.  We even recreated the issue on a completely different server with only 2 playlists; so that looking at logs would be easy for them.    If this doesn't suggest 'going out of business' what else would?  #horribleCustomerService
Same problem here, on my radio stations. The only thing I could do is to play 24/7 a genarl playlist with all songs, I am wondering what is happening with Centova, the autodj is becoming useless in this way
Their not going out of business, that I can promise you that.
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Just to alleviate some of the complains on this thread. There is a very simple procedure for troubleshooting playlists issues.

1.- Enable nextsong debug, under settings > advanced
2.- Reproduce the issue
3.- Look at the station logs
4.- Turn off nextsong debug (as it generates heavy log files)

If you need help interpreting the logs, or you think there is a problem with the track selection method, you can open a ticket to our support department, providing the following information.

1.- An attachment (in zip or tar.gz format) with the full station logs.
2.- The exact portion of the log that you think reflects an error
3.- Login details to the affected station, so that our staff can verify your playlist set configuration

Please bare in mind that you will need to be prepared to NOT modify your playlist set for the duration of your inquiry, otherwise it would be very difficult for our staff to help, and you will likely be asked to re-do the test.

Of course, end-users will have to forward this information through their respective streaming providers.

Regards.

Thanks for the reply Roger -- reliastream has opened 2 trouble tickets for this issue.  The second one was opened because there was no response to the first ticket (with logs!) in over 2 months!  It can be reproduced in 5 minutes on any test server...less time than it took you to write the reply ;)

"Active_From  and  Active_Until  in general rotation playlists is being ignored"
This was, indeed, caused by a bug in one of the latest Centova Cast builds, which has now been fixed. Thank you for reporting this issue to us and apologies if it took us longer than expected to correct the problem. Please update your Centova Cast installation, in order to benefit from this as well as a few other bug fixes:

Centova Cast v3.2.10.20171024.stable-520r4040 is now available.

Fixes:

Fix for SQL session mode
Ignore source-related field errors when source is disabled
Fixed bug in which time-unconstrained General Rotation playlists might be ignored
Fixed bug in which errors in admin batch account ops could result in endless loading bar
Fixed potential error when saving an account with autoDJ-disabled mountpoints