Listen on multiple IP addresses

Read 16102 times
Shoutcast allows for the entry: DestIP=ANY to direct the server to listen on multiple IP address for client  stream requests.  But the matching field in Centova gives an error when ANY is entered; obviously parsing for an IP address. Also, the field is limited to the maximum size for one IP address.

Is there any way to override this restriction?

What I'm trying to do is shift more of the client load to a new server by giving it multiple entries in the DNS pool.

Provided you are using Linux and IPTables, you can do a port-forward/masking type thing.
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
That's a good idea, it looks like a NAT PREROUTING statement with a range of ports and DNAT pointing to the original IP address might work.  Thanks.  I'll post a followup after I try it.

But it would be nice to get a Centova response as to when their product would support multiple addresses, or why they've chosen to restrict to a single address.
We actually use the exact method you are trying

iptables -D PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -d NEWIPADDRESS --dport DESIREDPORTNUMBER -j DNAT --to ORIGINALIP:ORIGINALPORT

Hope this helps.
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
I actually used:
iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d <new IP> -p tcp --dport port:range -j DNAT --to-destination <orig IP>

Thanks for the ideas
Shoutcast allows for the entry: DestIP=ANY to direct the server to listen on multiple IP address for client  stream requests.  But the matching field in Centova gives an error when ANY is entered; obviously parsing for an IP address. Also, the field is limited to the maximum size for one IP address.
The standard way to specify "all available interfaces" under Linux is to use "0.0.0.0" for the IP address, and CC will accept this.  I haven't specifically tested it with ShoutCast bu unless Nullsoft explicitly added code to STOP it from working, it should work fine as it's handled by the OS.
Steve, after reading your post I had to slap myself for missing the obvious; and it does indeed work with ShoutCast.

That is definitely the solution I was looking for.  Thanks for the response.