Pre Sales Questions

Read 13252 times
Hi,

Im currently using WHMsonic and as anyone who has used it will probably tell you the scheduling is awful.

So im thinking of switching to centovacast but have a few questions first.

Currently we have an off air "store" of songs (about 200) which rotate when we are off air. Then the DJ logs in using either VDJ or SAM Broadcaster etc and the off air stream FADES OUT and the Live DJ takes over in a FADE IN so there is a seamless transition from off air to live broadcast. This i believe is a feature of sc_trans2(????) so question 1 is:

Does centova cast support this?

Q2). If i schedule a NON live program for lets say 4pm-6pm and also one for 8pm-10pm with a LIVE show sandwiched in between at 6pm-8pm. Then the DJ at 8pm runs slightly over, to for instance 8:01 or 8:02 What will happen to the 8pm scheduled show? will it just start from 8:02 and push everything back by a couple of minutes and therefore make the NEXT scheduled show late? or does it start at 8pm in the background and when the LIVE show goes off air, the scheduled show fades in from that point?

er.. thats it for now LOL.

Cheers

MDH
I have an answer to your first question...

On the current version it does not support sctransv2 however on version 3.0 it will be supported (Not sure when 3.0 is going to be released though) iv asked many times
This i believe is a feature of sc_trans2(????) so question 1 is:

Does centova cast support this?
It is indeed a feature of sc_trans v2 which will be supported in the beta released Monday.

Q2). If i schedule a NON live program for lets say 4pm-6pm and also one for 8pm-10pm with a LIVE show sandwiched in between at 6pm-8pm. Then the DJ at 8pm runs slightly over, to for instance 8:01 or 8:02 What will happen to the 8pm scheduled show?
I'm not entirely sure what sc_trans v2 will do in this case.  I would suspect, however, that it will not submit playlist advancement requests until your live show ends and it falls back to autoDJ, in which case yes, the scheduled autoDJ show would be pushed back by a few minutes, as would everything else for the day.