Can I populate a scheduled playlist with a single item and have it repeat?

Read 4219 times
Hello,

We have a 30 minute show that loops continuously and updates with a new episode every Sunday night.  In order to auto update the program, I am using a Scheduled Playlist which fires at 8pm.  I populate the playlist with enough shows to cover approx. 48 hours until I can update the General Playlist (which loops).

It would be great if the Scheduled Playlist could be set to loop until another playlist fires.  But at present, I do not see any way to make a Scheduled Playlist loop (repeat) the same way the General Playlist does.

The option I'd love to see in the Scheduled Playlist details list:
- Continuously Loop playlist until another Scheduled Playlist is due to begin.

Any thoughts?

-Noel
Hello tfccs,

I'm not sure that it would be logical for a schedule playlist to be able to loop indefinitely.

What you can do is simply add all your tracks twice, three times, or as many times as necessary to your scheduled playlist, for it to be long enough to get to your next schedule.

HTH
Hi HTH,

Thanks for your response.  Actually, it would be incredibly helpful.

As it is right now, I use a Macro each week to drag our 30 minute program into the scheduled playlist 100 times.  That gives me a two-day window to update my general rotation playlist (which does loop a single show the way I wish a scheduled playlist would) which contains our weekly show.  I suppose I could drag 400 copies of the show into the scheduled playlist, but why not just drag a single copy of the show and mark a check box that says "loop until next scheduled playlist"?

This is one of those things that would be really simple to implement in software, and save a ton of time and effort.

There must be other users out there who have weekly shows like this.  Of course, I would be open to any solution that would allow us to specify a new show to go live at 8PM EDT every Sunday night.  As of yet, I haven't been able to figure out any other way to do this with Auto DJ other than using a scheduled playlist.

Thanks,
Noel
Hi Roger,

Just following up here, trying to keep some momentum on this question.  Wondering if your team has had a chance to discuss this, and if there's any possibility that this feature could be added in a software update?

Thanks!
Noel
Me too we want to have Repeat Option or Loop option whatever the name...to be inside the Schedule for we create 4-6 hours playlist each day that we want them to be repeated till the next Schedule (next day) begins.

Actually we first bought WHMSonic then because it has no Schedule for playlists then we found the Schedule in Centova & other great features...so we bought it...but the Repeat was wonderful feature..please create this feature in the Scheduled Playlists.
Thanks.