How to make a sequental scheduled playlist?

Read 3807 times
Peace be to everyone!

I'm wondering how to make a simple thing with Centova Cast v. 3.0.6. Maybe somebody knows and can make me a hint? I'll be very thankful.

So:

I need to make a series of sequental broadcasts (e.g. chapter-by-chapter book reading, one chapter a day, 5 days a week).

And I'm stuck with it.

I tried the scheduled playlist with all the chapters in it, repeating 5 days a week, stopping after a single track (after 20 minutes of playing), but it honestly plays the first chapter every day.

I'm sad of thinking that I'll have to make 5 separate playlists for monday till friday with single track in each of them, and update them every week just to play 20 chapters one after one.

Maybe there's other more joyful way?

Thank you in advance.

God bless you friends.
Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:37:12 pm by ugolevant
hi, the only way so far is to use seperate playlists one for each day with the file/s you wish to play.
Thank you!

I also received the following reply:
Sorry, but Centova Cast's playlist system does not yet offer enough flexibility to allow you to do that using any easier method. I'm afraid that you will have to make the 5 separate playlists and keep updating them each week.

And now imagine that I have about 5 different sequental programs for every day. Multiply it by 5 days a week and you get a real playlist system of 25 playlists. :) The process of updating them itself will take a significant time...

Sad. Hope it will become better once. Especially it's t a very simple feature request.

But thank God that it works and nevertheless may be tuned to play what is needed!
out of our experience far it takes time (maybe years) for centova to implement new features. obviously they have reasons for that.