Time Zone

Read 7634 times
Hi!
I have been using Centova Cast v3 and i have noticed that time zones and timing are wrong.  Centova Cast time zone UTC +2 doesn't include Helskinki. Helsinki (Finland) is UTC +2 but there is no Helsinki available. And UTC +2 time is 1 hour more than it really is. And the time is also 2mins more than it's real time. I captured a screenshot about that whre it shows real UTC +2 Time: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/timezone/utc2
And the station time with UTC +2 Chosen. Thanks!
Screenshot: http://imgur.com/3TGCRxW

Nakkivene
Do you have root access to the server?   Have you tried sync'ing the time?

"IF" you have root access, log in via SSH as root, and type  date
Then type: hwclock -r 

To get hardware clock, and see if they are sync'd up..

If not, then its not a Centova Cast issue, it would be a server time issue.
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I don't have root access to the server. I use shoutca.st service provider. But i now opened a support ticket and i will tell more, when this get solved or something else happens  ;D
Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 07:12:42 am by Nakkivene
Problem solved! Thanks DJFire_CFR!
Did your provide give any info for the issue?   Was it a server time issue?
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I don't know at all. They just replied that their servers are in right time and then when i wen't to watch they were in right time.
Resurrecting an old-ish thread, but it bears mentioning:

Centova Cast time zone UTC +2 doesn't include Helskinki. Helsinki (Finland) is UTC +2 but there is no Helsinki available.
The city names in each time zone are meant as examples, not an exhaustive list of every city in the world.  The reason examples are provided is because some time zones have variations on daylight savings rules and so-on -- thus the reason why there are 7 different options for UTC+02:00, each with a couple of sample city names.

You simply need to choose the one that is the best match for where you live.  I can't tell you which one that is, as I live in Canada, but given that these examples are provided by PHP (which sources them from a standard time zone database), I would assume they chose those particular city names as examples because they'd be meaningful to the local population.

And UTC +2 time is 1 hour more than it really is. And the time is also 2mins more than it's real time.
That has nothing to do with Centova Cast; that would be a clock issue on the server itself.