my butt

Read 6504 times
Hi all,

For the life of me, i cannot get my butt to work....

the quick links for my centova says x.x.x.x  and port of 8010

i try that and it just sits trying to connect - ongoing.

i then change the port in butt to 8011 (even though the quick links says 8010). and it connects.    and butt says it is uploading / streaming the music. but nothing changes on the actual centova stream (it is still playing the autodj work)

i turn off the auto dj by hitting the little button with a square on it.   the radio goes silent but butt keeps saying it is uploading the stream

this is using the source password for the stream..... no mention of any dj password.

what am i to do to get the uploading stream working from butt.   likewise, in butt, am i meant to be putting in the source password or the dj password.   I have tried it with the dj password but it never connects (and the dj is scheduled to connect).   if i am meant to only put in the source password into butt, then how can i limit the times when other djs connect  - as I can only put in the source password.  I don't really want to be giving all the djs the source password as i cannot see an option (in butt) that limits when they connect.

as far as i know, i am running shoutcast v2.0 - and not one.  form my reading, it seems shoutcast v2 live streams should "override" the autodj?   correct me if i am wrong.

i apologise for all the questions, but this is most frustrating and we really need to be able to do live work.

So for anyone who is using butt.  how did you connect and do a live show? 

BTW i am using butt 0.1.14    alternatively, is there any other free ware apps out there that i can test a live show on.  virtual dj used to be free, but they have changed it and i need to pay for it to do a live stream and i don't want to pay yet - in case i cannot get it to work.

thanks

g
I just did a test with BUTT and SHOUTcast v2.  And it appears to be working just fine for me.

I used exact information that is listed in the Quick Links area.

In BUTT software, click on "Settings"

Under "Main" tab, under "servers", click "Add".

Select "Shoutcast".

Enter in the "Name" (Station Name).
IP address: Your streams IP address.
Port:  Your streams Port #
Password:  Your streams password (Source Password)
(If you have a "DJ account" created, you would use  username:password instead)

Then click "Add"

Then you can add your streams info.

Now, what I did was used a music player (Winamp), tossed in a couple songs, started a song, and then clicked "play" on BUTT, which it then started streaming.  Having to update the titles manually. under the "Update song manually" section under "Stream" tab.

It worked, just fine that way for me.  Keep in mind, I used exact info listed under "Quick Links".

Other free Broadcasting software (that i use) is RadioDJ.

CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner
I just did a test with BUTT and SHOUTcast v2.  And it appears to be working just fine for me.

I used exact information that is listed in the Quick Links area.

In BUTT software, click on "Settings"

Under "Main" tab, under "servers", click "Add".

Select "Shoutcast".

Enter in the "Name" (Station Name).
IP address: Your streams IP address.
Port:  Your streams Port #
Password:  Your streams password (Source Password)
(If you have a "DJ account" created, you would use  username:password instead)

Then click "Add"

Then you can add your streams info.

i tried all that - to the exact.  but it just does not work.   one curious thing that gets me, my "quick links" page says the port is 8010.   butt never connects using that port.

i change the config in butt to port 8011.  and it connects and butt starts the stream.  but our station continues to play the autodj material.   then if we leave it streaming on 8011 for about 5 minutes then the station we are connecting to crashes and it needs a restart.  the other stations in the centova install do not crash.

i have written a new ticket to support about this but they haven't answered yet.   this installation of centova is one they did.

we also tried radiodj - as you mentioned.  got it all installed.  installed altacast and also installed the other plug in that is required to change the radio_encode.dll.    configured it with the same configs as specified in "quick links" and the same thing happens.  it says it connects and says it is streaming but our station remains broadcasting the autodj material.

i assume we are running shoutcast v2.   how can i confirm?

thanks

graham
a further update,  tried Winamp and located the shoutcast plug in for that.   configure all that using the info form the quick links page.

same thing.   it does not connect on port 8010 (which is what quick links tells us).  but we change the config in winamp to connect on 8011 and it connects and starts to upload the music/stream.  we see the amount of uploaded traffic going up.

the content from the autodj still plays as it should.  the music we are broadcasting live via winamp does not get played.   after a few mmintues the whole station crashes and needs to be restarted..

so the symptoms are all the same in butt, radiodj and winamp.   it does not connect on the advertised port of 8010.  we try and connect on 8011 and it connects, uploads the music as we want, the station continues to broadcast what is on autodj and does not broadcast the live to air stuff.  then it crashes.

it does not crash when we are trying to connect on 8010 (the quicklinks port) but it never connects using that port.

this is getting to be very annoying.

thanks

g

Is that port blocked by the firewall ?
Just curious, when you have music playing and have BUTT running, are the bars moving at all ?

(As per the circle in the image attached)
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner