Special Mount Point Problem (Icecast 2.x)

Read 4238 times
Hello,

I've the latest centova cast version and following setup:

A account with ICECAST 2 and ICESCC as autodj. Therefore we've the following mount point:

"/stream" (default) for the listeners
"/autodj" (default) for the internal autodj
"/live" (default) for live source connections

There is also a "Airtime AutoDJ" server in my network, this is connecting to "/airtime" as an example.

What I want to achieve:

Normaly the stream at "/airtime" should be active for the listeners at "/stream".
If there is a live source at "/live" the listeners should be hear that at "/stream".
If the live source goes offline at "/live" the listeners should hear "/airtime" again.

And now the tricky part:

If "/airtime" is disconneted or fails, the listeners should hear the "/autodj" at the mountpoint "/stream".
If "/airtime" comes back, the listeners should hear "/airtime" again at the mountpoint "/stream".

Is this possible and how can i do that?

Many thanks for any help!

Best regards,
Jürgen
IceCast's fallback-mount and fallback-override options should do what you want :

http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.4.1/config-file.html#mountsettings

fallback-mount
This optional value specifies a mountpoint that clients are automatically moved to if the source shuts down or is not streaming at the time a listener connects. Only one can be listed in each mount and should refer to another mountpoint on the same server that is streaming in the same streaming format.
If clients cannot fallback to another mountpoint, due to a missing fallback-mount or it states a mountpoint that is just not available, then those clients will be disconnected. If clients are falling back to a mountpoint and the fallback-mount is not actively streaming but defines a fallback-mount itself then those clients may be moved there instead. This multi-level fallback allows clients to cascade several mountpoints.
A fallback mount can also state a file that is located in webroot. This is useful for playing a pre-recorded file in the case of a stream going down. It will repeat until either the listener disconnects or a stream comes back available and takes the listeners back. As per usual, the file format should match the stream format, failing to do so may cause problems with playback.
Note that the fallback file is not timed so be careful if you intend to relay this. They are fine on slave streams but don’t use them on master streams, if you do then the relay will consume stream data at a faster rate and the listeners on the relay would eventually get kicked off.

fallback-override
When enabled, this allows a connecting source client or relay on this mountpoint to move listening clients back from the fallback mount.