uninstall / reinstall centovacast

Read 15313 times
Hello,

I had an unfortunate incident where someone exploited my system and decided to overwrite every index.* (php,htm,etc...) file on the server (every..single..file...). This broke my centovacast installation to the point where it is unusable.

I have tried to run the install.sh script to overwrite the existing installation but it tells me centovacast is already installed and halts. Additionally, I tried with the upgrade.sh script thinking it may help but that failed also.

I tried uploading my backup of the centova files (the frontend files in /cast/) to the server but because of what seems to be the centovacast user owning all the files, it wont allow me to overwrite.

I just need a fresh installation of the software, is there a way to do this? Maybe a document I overlooked, I searched this site pretty well before posting... I just cant seem to get any progress on this at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dylan
I tried uploading my backup of the centova files (the frontend files in /cast/) to the server but because of what seems to be the centovacast user owning all the files, it wont allow me to overwrite.
That's your best bet, but you should be doing it as root to ensure that you can overwrite them.  Also, the files under your web root in /cast/ don't need to be owned by any specific user (unless you're using suPHP which has its own specific requirements) so you can chown them to whatever userid you like.  As long as Apache can read them, that's all that matters.

I just need a fresh installation of the software, is there a way to do this? Maybe a document I overlooked, I searched this site pretty well before posting... I just cant seem to get any progress on this at all. Any help would be appreciated.
If you want to reinstall, login via ssh as root, delete the /cast/ directory under your web root, and delete /home/centovacast, then reinstall.  You'll lose all your user data if you do this though.
Thank you for the reply, ill give that a shot.  8)  I'm not too worried about the user data, I can just recreate the accounts.