Icecast installation

Read 18002 times
I have searched and search for an easy how to for which to get icecast installed on my server and have had zero luck.  I can not seem to get the one account provisioned with it to start.  I even followed the KB of various issues and none of them seem to have worked.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Would need an error message to diagnose this. :)  Also, have you installed icecast and verified that it works?  Surprisingly common for people to forget that rather important step.
Well the issue is that I believe I installed it and ran through every tutorial and setup guide possible.  When I try to start the server it gives the error....

Stream could not be started: Server exited immediately after startup.

Return

Details:

Log does not exist; this often (although not always) indicates a permissions/ownership error.  Consult the Centova Cast knowledge base.

I researched it via the knowledge base, did everything it instructed and still have no icecast server.
Did you test it and verify that it works after installing it, though?  And did you set it up with the correct path inside Centova Cast?  That error usually means the path is set incorrectly.

Anyway, all possible reasons for this error are explained in the KB so that'd be a good place to start.
Looking over the KB, I followed everything.  I believe I have the path set correctly, but do not know.  searching everywhere, I can not seem to locate a reference to tell me if it is correct or not.  Any help?
Login to Centova Cast, go to Server Software, click on IceCast, and grab the path to IceCast that you've entered there.  Login to your server via SSH, paste in that path, and add a "-v" (i.e., /usr/bin/icecast2 -v) and make sure it spits out something like "Icecast 2.3.2".

If that works, run:
su - centovacast -s /bin/bash
cd /home/centovacast/vhosts/USERNAME
/usr/bin/icecast2 -c etc/server.conf

Then see what the output is and paste it here if it's not obvious what the problem is.
Hello i have the same problem...

@ Steve: I did your way..

root@XXX:/home# su - centovacast -s /bin/bash
centovacast@XXX:~$ cd /home/centovacast/vhosts/master
centovacast@XXX:~/vhosts/master$ /usr/bin/icecast2 -c etc/server.conf
Server startup failed. Exiting
centovacast@XXX:~/vhosts/master$

what can we do??

Here another problem :

Enter path to web interface files: /var/www/cast

The web interface in /var/www/cast indicates that Centova Cast's system
files are installed in , however that path is not found.

Googling for icecast "server startup failed" yields lots of possibilities.  The most common one is that you've got something foul in your IP address setting for this stream.