Can AutoDJ send Album metadata? If so, how?

Read 4964 times
We like to provide our listeners with Album as well as Title and Artist metadata on their players. Normally, our live DJs will send these in the standard "Artist - Album - Title" format and this displays very well. However, when the AutoDJ is playing, it appears to send only Artist and Title information.

We know that the AutoDJ "knows" about the album name, because it displays it in the Recent Tracks widget. However this doesn't appear to be sent on to the listener.

This also causes us a problem in that we can't use the Recent Tracks widget on our web site, mainly as we can't format it to suit our web site layout. So we use a different system for our NowPlaying display, which reads the metadata sent out by the server, just like a player does. We also use a third party service to send the metadata to TuneIn, and again it reads the server metadata. The fact that the AutoDJ doesn't send the Album metadata also means that our NowPlaying system can't recover album artwork or, of course, display the Album name, when the AutoDJ is playing.

Is there a way to get the AutoDJ to send Album data alongside the Artist and Title, in the standard format ("Artist - Album - Title") ?

Many thanks!
--Richard Elen
Radio Riel http://radioriel.org
Hello, do you have an update on this? I mean I want to display the song information with TuneIn and Centova. Are you using a 3rd party? which one is it?
Song info works with no special feature on tunein.
I wonder if there is any additional information on this? Unfortunately no-one seems to have come back about it.

To recap (see original post for full details), the AutoDJ does not send the Album name along with the Artist and Title fields in the broadcast metadata, despite the fact that the system knows what that field contains (it's visible in the widget). This negatively impacts our Now Playing display.

We can't use the widget because it doesn't display album artwork when a live stream is playing, so we use Marci, which does a lookup on the metadata to recover album art. (Unfortunately, for some reason Centova can't do this.) However because Marci doesn't receive an Album field in the AutoDJ metadata, it is not able to operate fully.

Is there any possibility that Centova could be made to transmit the Album field along with Artist and Title? Ideally via a config string that would let you specify how the three fields were handled - eg "$artist - $album - $title" ??

Many thanks!

PS: Frost_Walrus: Regarding the comments about TuneIn: they don't really support an Album field so this isn't relevant to my original query. We  use SHOUTcast Widgets to drive the TuneIn API from the stream metadata, which works fine.