important upgrades needed.

Read 4363 times
Hello i am using Centova and i love it. but....

i am missing a few features that would make it even better.

1. when a live source is active, The server goes is pause. i would like to see it that the server keeps playing so that planned or scheduled playlist are on the time needed when the live source is off again
now when a live source is active all goes on pause  and when for example 11 am was planned it will play at 16.00 pm when live source stops. this is not really good.

2. hour break, option to plan hour breakpoints for news and on top of the hour jingles. this is possible to do offline log on and do it, but i want to see this option on centova, now i can plan 24 playlists, but they don't drop a song exactly on top of the hour. this option should break off the song and play loaded news or jingles, and then continue the standard playlist or planned playlist.

option 2 also needs option 1 or the planned playlists will just stand in line and play till it catches up to the time the live source stops.

for more explanation on this matter plz email me at djdreamer@musicpowerradio.nl

with kind regards

Ronald Hilligehekken
owner of Music Power Radio
www.musicpowerradio.nl

Hello ronaldhill,

Feature number 1, has been around since v2.x for Icecast and v3.0 for Shoutcast 2.

So, if you are using either of those, and you still need to stop the autoDJ to stream from a live source, then you're doing something wrong.

On the other hand, if you're looking to have this feature added for Shoutcast 1.9, I'm afraid that is unlikely to happen, since Shoutcast 1.9 is deprecated.

As for feature number 2, you can already use schedule playlists for that.

HTH
oke well guess then there is something wrong with option one, since it clearly pauses the sever, and when the live source drops it continues from the last played songs and every planned playlist even from hours in the past... thats not good.

if you can ex plane to me how the server keeps running in the back while a live search is active, this is what does not happen now.

option 2 is not available in any of the schedule playlists what i mean is that it has to cut off the music and the planned time, it does not do so now it will finish the song then do the schedule playlist even if its alrdy 5 min later.

if you wanna discuss this plz email me at ronald@musicpowerradio.nl or if you can we can skype and talk it over. perhaps then we can get on the same line of what i try and explane.

sorry im dutch and its probely wrongly typed