Poor quality on dj Stream (Auto DJ SC Trans )

Read 6591 times
Hi there,
   I seted up a shoutcast dnas 2 account with sc_trans2 auto dj.
   The auto DJ stream is aac+ 48kbps stereo 44100 and sounds good but when I connect to the dj port and the transcoder swithc to my stream I get a low quality. Im using codec format from my dj source as aac+ v2 48kbps 44100 stereo. When I use MP3 44100 128kbps stereo codec this not happen... I want to know if you get the same experiense

Greetings
it's because the deprecated sc_trans is re-encoding the stream data from the DJ and re-encoding a low bitrate input will mean even more data is thrown away and lost which means poor quality audio. that's why you really need the DJ input to be higher than the final stream bitrate so it won't be as bad, just as you've seen by using 128k MP3 vs 48k AAC from the DJ.
But I don't understand, it's suppose that the dj source y the same format than sctrans v2 encoding. Anyway, 48kbps in aacp is better quality than 128kbps im mp3, in addition y tried 128kbps in aacp and have the same problem and definitively 128kbps on aacpv2 are higher quality than 128kbps on mp3 so I don't believe this be related to the problem. I think in the sc_trans v1 this not happen, I remember using that in other time and don't get this issue.
the deprecated sc_trans re-encodes _everything_ it receives from DJs (which could be counted as a bug or a feature request depending on how you look at it). that is why if you feed in the DJ data at the same bitrate as wanted for the stream with sc_trans then it's going to sound bad, especially if it's already at a low bitrate to begin with. though relying on any version of sc_trans is somewhat foolish as nether versions are supported since AOL sold SHOUTcast in January 2014, hence the change by Centova over to Liquidsoap.
DrO,
    Well, as I know, liquidsoap don't crossfade the playlist and dj source, so this cause that all listeners needs to reconnects the stream. sc_trans do so.
     Anyway, taking in mind that shoutcast was sold, the DNAS servers may be run the same destiny as sc_trans....
the 2.x DNAS is not going away, far from it. hence all of the work which has been going into it (as i would know having done a lot of said work from both pre and post-sale).
DrO thats sounds good!! So, you recommend liquidsoap instead of sc_trans or ices?
i recommend whatever works best for your needs, but relying on something which is no longer supported (as sc_trans is) is something you have to weigh up if using something no longer supported is better or not. though everyone seems to be going towards Liquidsoap for things so it's probably only a matter of time before other features appear in it.