playing stream in wordpress

Read 11638 times
hi all,

new user but very experienced word press guy.  I've got the stream working via our VPS, got it streaming mp3s and it comes out good and clear.   However, for the life of me, i cannot get the stream to be read by various streamcast plug-ins in wordpress.

nothing comes out.

have anyone got their radio/stream coming automatically being played in wordpress - or even after the user clicks a play button?   if so, how did you do it and what plug in did you use?

thanks

graham
you can use the mp3-jplayer wordpress plugin. take a look at this website www.tligradio.org
Thanks for your reply - and BTW i like your website.  Very good.

One silly question - but what is the url to start my stream (from a wordpress plug in).

I have tried a few word press plugins thinking they will play my stream but they just do not work.  So i am thinking i must be putting the wrong url into the config.

This is the url i am putting into the config (replaced my actual domain with the mydomain):

http://mydomain.com:2199/;

i have also tried this....

http://mydomain.com:2199

i have also tried, as a last hope, or just using the start page but that didn't work either.

the start page works great by itself, as does the iTunes, windows media player etc links.

however, i just cannot get a wordpress plug in to play the feed.

I picked up a mp3 license and put that into the config and have all the settings set for mp3 broadcast - and it works from the start page etc.   so i assume the broadcasting is good.

But i am thinking i may putting the wrong url into the wordpress plugin.  so what is the correct one?

thanks

graham
Please try mydomain.com:8000/;
Hi Graham, use  http://ip:port/;stream/1
Hi all,

Many thanks for the help.   I've got the stream working in WordPress now but it is only playing the intro track and not going into the other tracks.

so a little more research?

Any ideas?

Thanks

graham
is this a SHOUTcast or an Icecast setup? as the only playing the intro sounds like a log-standing SHOUTcast DNAS + Flash playback issue which should have been fixed as part of the 2.4x DNAS.
Yes this is a ShoutCast setup.

I am running SHOUTcast Server v2.4.2.167, on a CentOS VPS and using Centova Cast v3.1.1

If this is a known issue, then is there a workaround?

It plays fine when using then start page, but any word press plug in only plays the intro file and then goes silent.  This is obviously not what we require.

Any ideas to overcome this known issue?

Thanks

Graham
under that version it should be able to transition correctly (as long as the information given to the client is good).

have you made sure the intro file is the same bitrate and format as the stream (this all too often isn't correct) as unless things match, even with the changes made in the 2.4x DNAS, anything using Flash (and also likely with HTML5 players) may baulk at the transition between the intro and the stream (since it appears to the player as an invalid stream).
It looked like it was the intro file that was messing with it.   We deleted the intro file (and the fallback file) and they appear to be the culprits.  Everything seems to be normal now.

So we'll re-do those respective files in the same format and things should be ok - fingers crossed.

Many thanks for all your help.

One other question, and the is more general in nature, is there a site or page where we can introduce ourselves or "show off" our stations.

As for us, we are a College - English language school, here in Australia and our station has the focus of helping students and listeners to learn English as well as providing various other forms of spoken programming - i.e. information about living and studying in australia, poetry, book reviews, audio books - plus some music programming as well.  Our target audience is for the english language student and also for those who are looking to either come to australia to either live and/or study.

We'll announce he web site for the station as soon as it is finalised.   Are there any other introductions areas so to speak in this forum?

Thanks

graham