What is the Start Pages all about?

Read 11222 times
Grettings!

So I just install Centova Cast demo to see if it fits our need as shoutcast hosting company,
checking the manuals, but there´s 2 things I still kinda confuse me:

1 - After open a user account from a template setting creation, I do realize, that even if
the template start page tab settings are all set to "off", when I log in as user, I still can
change to "on" ?! Same thing with "relaying".

So aren´t you supposed as admin to setup what you want and what you dont want users to have access?

2 - About the Start Page, this the admin guide lacks for information.
What´s the start page all about? And I just get a 404 page error, if I go check my directories
I just see a START folder empty on our domain : http://mydomain.com/client/start/testuser

Can someone help us on these 2 issues?

Thanks!
 :)
Centova Cast doesn't allow you to perform access control on a field-by-field basis.  It assumes a typical hosting scenario, and just blocks user access to things that could negatively impact the server (i.e., users can't change IP addresses, ports, etc) and account limits like data transfer, bitrate, etc.

As for the start page issue, it sounds like Apache is not configured with .htaccess support.  Searching "start page" in the KB will explain this problem.