Reusing vacated ports

Read 5393 times
I upgraded all ten of the my streams from shoutcast 1 to version 2 yesterday which meant deleting each one and re-recreating it. However where I was hoping to re-use the same ports which one would assume were now vacant centovacast kept insisting they were in use. And I was forced to use others instead. And is there a way of controlling or managing available ports. Although I've used IP tables to redirect the old ports to the new, I would really like to get the new streams back to their old ports...

Thanks.

Hugh

Party Vibe Radio
It is possible the servers are still in use http://iphere:port to see if v1 is still running
Thanks for the suggestion. Browsing to that port I get...

This page isn't available.

With the title of the page showing: Liquidsoap source harbor.

So it seems Liquidsoap is listening for a source. How can this be disabled (or the port number changed at least)? I'm guessing we might be able to put something in custom.liq?!

---
 Liquidsoap is also able to receive a source using icecast or shoutcast source protocol with the input.harbor operator. Using this operator, the running liquidsoap will open a network socket and wait for an incoming connection.

This operator is very useful to seamlessly add live streams into your final streams: you configure the live source client to connect directly to liquidsoap, and manage the switch to and from the live inside your script.

Additionally, liquidsoap can handle many simulataneous harbor sources on different ports, with finer-grained authentication schemes that can be particularly useful when used with source clients designed for the shoutcast servers.
---

http://liquidsoap.fm/doc-svn/harbor.html
Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:54:27 pm by Dr Bunsen
You cannot use the same ports. DNAS2 itself uses more ports than DNAS1, and Liquidsoap adds more of its own. Simply put, it's not possible to do what you're asking.
Thanks for that. It would have been nice but I've used iptables to redirect the ports so it's not all bad.
Hey,

I've all the tracks loaded, cross fade set for 3 seconds on everything, yet tracks play in full. Silence.
Then next track.Has anyone gotten crossfade to work with liquid soap?

Any ideas?
It doesn't work right now apparently.