Peak Listeners (Historical Reports)

Read 6510 times
Can someone clarify exactly what's meant by "Peak Listeners" in the history reports ?

Its defined as "Indicates the peak number of simultaneous listeners during each hour of the reporting period." in the documentation here : http://www.centova.com/doc/cast/user_manual/02_reference_manual/06_statistics_report#historical_statistics

"Simultaneous" implies to me that the "Peak Listeners" shouldn't go higher than the max listeners of the account yet I have reports where I see it frequently goes higher.

Unless I'm interpreting it wrong. Perhaps it means "Tune In's" rather than "Simultaneous" ?
I just got asked about this again by a client. Would love it someone from Centova could clarify what "Peak Listeners" actually means.
Can someone clarify exactly what's meant by "Peak Listeners" in the history reports ?

The highest number of listeners on at one time since your server's been running.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for your comment GMS but I'm trying to establish what it means precisely :

Peak "Tune In's" or "Simultaneous" Listeners ?

The number of peak listeners often appears higher than the capacity of the server which is impossible if its "Simultaneous" listeners. Its just a bit confusing and I get asked about it by clients sometimes.

The highest number of listeners on at one time since your server's been running.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jim the answer to your question is a bit complicated... indeed the description of some of the generated stats are not clear... it took us almost six months to convince centova people that something is not clear with the stats. I do not want to go into details...  I'd rather the centova personnel explain the situation.

regards,
pavlos
Does anyone have any further insight into this?

I was hoping to get something official and definitive from Centova but they silent on the issue for some reason.