FTP Uploading Documentation

Read 8616 times
I apologize in advance for posting this, as I'm sure it's covered somewhere in the forum and documentation but I have scoured both resources and can't find anything on setting up the FTP server for users to upload media.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to set this up?

I am on a dedicated server, with ShoutCast2 & CentovaCast installed. I have two user accounts created and can upload via the File Manager but would much prefer to upload via FTP.

Any help would be appreciated.
normal ftp with Port 2121 must work
normal ftp with Port 2121 must work

Thanks for the reply. I tried connecting with port 2121 and it still won't connect. I think it might be an issue with having cpanel setup on the same server. I think it is conflicting with the ftp server installed with cpanel. Is there a workaround for this potential conflict?

Am I able to change the ftp port for centova cast?
You are entirely correct that Cpanel's FTP and Centova Cast's FTP are in conflict for port 21

In order for cc-ftp to work alongside a second FTP server, it would have to be set to listen on an alternate port (we usually recommend port 2121 as alternate).

Using a unix based text editor such as vi or nano, open the cc-ftp configuration file:"/usr/local/centovacast/etc/cc-ftpd.conf", and locate the following line:

FTP_PORT=21

Change it for:

FTP_PORT=2121

Finally, if you are using a firewall make sure to add your new cc-ftp port to the exception list, and start cc-ftp by using the command: /etc/init.d/centovacast start-ftp
Thanks, I was able to get it working by disabling cpanel FTP, then reconfiguring it to listen on port 8021.
That port sounds a bit risky if your stations are going to use ports 8000+, as they might conflict on port 8021 with the FTP service
dunno if it'll help you out or not, but we have used Port 29 for our Centova FTP. Something to think about.  :)
CrossFire-Hosting LLC.
Co-Owner