Cluster Questions

Read 2683 times
I'm looking into setting up a cluster with 2 servers and Centova.
I want to have 2 instances running on the same port on both servers, and then have the DNS servers set up to direct users to both servers, depending on location and other factors.
2 questions:
1) Is there any way to set Centova to combine the stats for both instances? Or can I only view them separately?
2) With licenses - how does that work? Do I need a separate license for the second server (the one controlled by the main server)? Or can I use the license on the main server, and it would still be limited by the number of streams included in that main license? And if I need an additional license, do I need to get a license for the amount of instances that I need? Or is it enough to get a license for just 1 instance?
Thanks a lot!
Is there any way to set Centova to combine the stats for both instances? Or can I only view them separately?
They'll be treated as separate stations and you will only be able to view the statistics individually for each one

With licenses - how does that work? Do I need a separate license for the second server (the one controlled by the main server)? Or can I use the license on the main server, and it would still be limited by the number of streams included in that main license? And if I need an additional license, do I need to get a license for the amount of instances that I need? Or is it enough to get a license for just 1 instance?
Yes, you'll need an additional license for the second server. The license type you need depends on how many stations you intend to have. If it's just this one station then an individual license will be enough
Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 01:30:53 pm by AlexiuB