Centova Control Panel Locking

Read 10680 times
Hello...  I am new to the forums.  I use the Centova Control Panel on a shared server for my station that streams 24/7.  We have about 20 different live broadcasters that log on and off from the Auto DJ at different times during the day/night.  I have been having terrible problems with the server restarting on it's own, or the live broadcaster locking up and then the control panel not responding.  The issue also includes the control panel just locking up and showing that the server status is in remote, and has an option to activate the server, but the server is clearly broadcasting from the Auto DJ server.  I have spoken with our service provider and they indicate that I am the only station on this server that is having this problem.  They can't seem to give me a reason as to why this is happening.  They indicate that it is due to a Centova update that has been expected since September but can't clarify.  I had been using a remote script at first to turn the Auto DJ on and off, but the server company suggested that might be the problem, but I have completely removed this script and all the dj's are actually using the control panel and the "Activate" and "DeActivate" Source option in the Server Control section.

Is anyone else in this forum experiencing issues like this?  It is frustrating because my station is growing, and every time this happens, I have to actually go into the control panel and reset the passwords and restart the control panel which obviously dumps all our listeners.  

HELP!

I have been having terrible problems with the server restarting on it's own

What do the server and source logs say at the time of the restart?

or the live broadcaster locking up and then the control panel not responding

Can you define "locking up" and "not responding"?  Please describe what happens and provide any error messages/etc. that you're getting.

The issue also includes the control panel just locking up and showing that the server status is in remote

Again, please define "locking up".  Normally I'd assume "locking up" would mean that the control panel became somehow unresponsive, but I'm guessing that's not the case if you can see the server status.

and has an option to activate the server, but the server is clearly broadcasting from the Auto DJ server

When you say there is an "option to activate the server" do you mean that the "Start server" link is shown, or that the "Activate autoDJ" link is shown?

If the former, that would be indicative of something serious going wrong on the server and I can't say I've seen that before except on seriously damaged Centova Cast installations.  If the latter, there are only two scenarios in which this would happen, and both are described here (see posts 5 and 8).

They indicate that it is due to a Centova update that has been expected since September but can't clarify.

With all due respect to your host I'm not sure where they got that idea.  v3.0 is a major new release which has indeed been repeatedly pushed back, and it does contain lots of improvements, but it does not contain any fixes for bugs in v2.2.4.  All outstanding reported bugs in v2.2.4 have been addressed through patches already.

I had been using a remote script at first to turn the Auto DJ on and off, but the server company suggested that might be the problem

Again, I'm not sure where they got that idea either -- assuming you're referring to the script we publish for this purpose, it's totally safe and is the recommended way to let DJs stop/start the autoDJ.