Look-Ahead Scheduling

Read 6292 times
Would love to see ability to generate and review a playlist/log for a forthcoming period of time (say, tomorrow, 12am-11:45pm) and ability to change/reorder the songs and programming on that screen.
For all the playlists that use a random track order the next track is decided on the spot, right before it's going to play.

So it wouldn't be possible to create a report since the track list is not created in advance
Of course it would.  It's a simple algorythm.  The software accelerates the "random" selection(s) immediately, generates a playlist then follows the playlist instead of the random setting.  Users can choose to enable or disable the feature.  It's how EVERY radio station on the planet programs music!  And it adds tremendous flexibility to the service, including the ability to adjust sweepers, artist seperation, etc.   HUGE feature!!!!
how the playlist works for each generated list random or not the play list is created in a text file every time the play list begins. so it is very easy to gather this info
Would love to see ability to generate and review a playlist/log for a forthcoming period of time (say, tomorrow, 12am-11:45pm) and ability to change/reorder the songs and programming on that screen.
This is something I've had my eye on for a time, however for the reason AlexiuB noted, it's not a simple change to make.  Tracks (of all types -- not just random ones per AlexiuB's comment) are chosen in realtime at the time of the song change.  Adding a queue would be a major paradigm shift.

Of course it would.  It's a simple algorythm.
Conceptually simple, yes, but not so simple to implement into an existing application.

That said, we are looking at overhauling the autoDJ system in the coming months, so this may very well be a good time to introduce it.

It's how EVERY radio station on the planet programs music!
Indeed, and that's why it has my interest.  My original design goal was to ensure that changes to the playlists could be made effective instantly, such that if you wanted to drop a new jingle or advertisement into the rotation instantly (without having to re-queue everything) you could just set up the playlist and bam -- it's live.  Similarly, new tracks you add to general rotation playlists will instantly go into the rotation.

I'm not sure how other solutions deal with this -- perhaps an option to clear and regenerate the queue after every playlist/media change if the DJ wants it to become effective immediately?

how the playlist works for each generated list random or not the play list is created in a text file every time the play list begins
No, I believe you're confusing Centova Cast with another product.  Per above that's not how Centova Cast works at all.