Playlists will not play right when time is set

Read 15815 times
I have created a General Playlist, and set the weight to 1; then I created another General Playlist, and set the weight to 1; then I created one more General Playlist, and set that weight to 1 as well.

Then I set the times for them to play one for 6:00 am to 7:00 pm. Then one for 7:00 pm to 11:59 pm (for some reason I am not able to set the time for 12:00 am on this playlist?) Then one for 12:00 am to 6:00 am.

The one playlist that runs from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm will just run. The other playlists will not start at all it just starts the 6:00 am to 7:00 pm playlist over. The playlists are all active.

I also checked the servers time, and it is set to my time zone, because I want them to start in my time zone.

I then tried a scheduled playlist, and it does the samething it will not start at the schedule time. I made it a weekly schedule, and selected all of the days, and made sure it started on todays date, and it is active.

Am I doing something wrong?
Is anyone going to respond to this issue? I have posted this awhile back ago, this is not very good tech support in my opinon!
I am not affiliated with Centova, so I can't speak for them -- but this forum is not for tech support -- it's for Centova users helping Centova users.
In most cases, if not all, playlist problems are not bugs, rather incorrect settings -- or another playlist you have set up is interfering with it.
If you have a lot of playlists set up, it can be hard to pinpoint the problem.
The only way I would be able to find out what's wrong is to go over them in the Centova Cast admin myself -- sorry I couldn't be more help.
I am not affiliated with Centova, so I can't speak for them -- but this forum is not for tech support -- it's for Centova users helping Centova users.
In most cases, if not all, playlist problems are not bugs, rather incorrect settings -- or another playlist you have set up is interfering with it.
If you have a lot of playlists set up, it can be hard to pinpoint the problem.
The only way I would be able to find out what's wrong is to go over them in the Centova Cast admin myself -- sorry I couldn't be more help.

Very true and agreed.  I actually agree with your idea as for the issue...it sounds like you dont have an interrupt button checked.
Stream101 || Affordable Media Solutions
http://www.stream101.com | (616) 277-7280
Change the Playlist type from General Rotation to Scheduled.

That should work for you.
Jimmy's answer is exactly right.  Quite literally every playlist "bug report" we've received in the past 12 months has been from someone who had a few dozen playlists set up and lost track of what playlists would be active on a given day.

This seems to becoming a regular complaint over the past few months, so we're definitely going to be adding some better playlist management facilities in the v3.x series, and perhaps some kind of graphical overview so you can see which playlists are going to overlap on a given day.  v3.0 is pretty much feature-frozen at this point so it won't make v3.0, but our aim will be for a point release sometime thereafter.