Station titles or accounts don't update immediately

Read 5980 times
Hi,
I'm running Centovacast 3.6 on CentOS6.
When I update the stream title, in a customer's account, for instance, a title would be.
Test Stream.
I update the title to read. Test Stream Forever.
On the customer's start page, it still says Test Stream.
In addition, when an account is deleted, or when the start page is deactivated, the start page shows up, whether the account is deleted or the start page is deactivated.
You must restart the server after making any change to the settings -- if there is still traces of the account after you deleted I would check my browser cache
My Auto DJ
Orlando, FL USA
Quality SHOUTcast Hosting http://myautodj.com
SHOUTcast Widgets http://shoutcastwidgets.com
Restart as in: /etc/init.d/centovacast restart?
I've done that, cleared browser history, and the issue still is there.
Even if a customer changes his/her titles, they don't get changed on their start pages. I've even went using the Lynx web browser on the server, to an account that was deleted, so didn't exist, yet, the start page and wrong title were still there for some odd reason or another.
I'll run another test to double-check, but somehow this may be a bug, unless I'm otherwise proven wrong. :-(
I did a test, and apparently, Centovacast, either cashing, or something else, takes a while to update the fact that, for the start pages and what not, that the titles changed, or for the deletion of the account and/or deactivation of the start page, that they don't exist.
I deleted an account, restarted the centovacast services on CentOS6 with
//etc/init.d/centovacast restart
Waited for at least 2 to 3 minutes, and it realized the start page wasn't there. However, upon account deletion, with FTP, it realized the account was not there instantly.
Should I change something so that, just like FTP, Centova willr ealize that there shouldn't be a start page displayed for a non-existing account? And as far as start page titles, they'd change instantly too.
As well, is there no way that Centovacast could restart on it's own if it's past changes, such as account deletions, or title changes? Because as I said, waiting for at least 2 to 3 minutes for start page titles to update, or start pages to be .. I guess the word is .. cashed, might make people think that something's wrong with CC. Though, if there's something I could change for everything to be instant, that might work better.
Quote from: hawk
Restart as in: /etc/init.d/centovacast restart?
No, restart the server from the control panel, the user's server, NOT Centovacast !!
I should have been more clear originally when I posted the post.
All of my users use Icecast under Centovacast.
I notice that there is no option for users to restart icecast. Only start, stop, and reload. I thought, that in Centovacast V2, there was an option to restart a user's Icecast server, but not in V3.
I was able to SSH in as root and use ccmanage and issued
./ccmanage restart username
I entered the user's password, and the stream restarted, but this was from shell. A normal user wouldn't be able to do this, though.
So is my Centovacast corrupt somehow? Or is this a bug that will be resolved in a later version?
Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 05:32:19 am by hawk
Centova Cast makes heavy use of server-side caching because, in a nutshell, PHP is slow, and users like fast. :)

Restarting Centova Cast or the user's server won't affect this.  (Well, restarting Centova Cast will clear the nginx FastCGI cache, but won't clear the application-level cache.)  The only way to purge the cache is to run /usr/local/centovacast/sbin/clear_web_cache from the terminal.

The cache timeout for the start page HTML is only 5 minutes, though, so it really shouldn't make much of a difference to anyone.  If you're seeing it for longer than that then it's probably cached in your browser which doesn't really have anything to do with Centova Cast... hit Ctrl+F5 in your browser to force-refresh it if that's the case.
Ok. well. at least I now know that I can automate via cron a cache clearing procedure.
If users wanted to, as in those who installed Centovacast, could they not change the start-page cache time?
An also, I think it was missed by Steve B, but, is there not suppose to be a link to, Restart, Icecast?
There is only reload, stop, and start.
I thought in Centovacast version 2, there was also a, restart, stream option, in adition to reload, stop, an start.