relay news shows etc

Read 3490 times
hi all,

I'm using centova 3.1.1

Am i able to schedule a news stream to come in and override my schedule at a specific time?  that is, configure it so that an external news feed, or show, can be relayed to my listeners at specific times.

If so, how do i do it?

Thanks

graham
So I suspect that you meant want to relay other stations at certain times?

This is not supported by Centova Cast; at least not yet. It might be technically possible, but not sure how practical. Adding a relay would require Centova Cast to modify the configuration file at the set time and then restart the station. At least that's how it would work for Shoutcast, not sure if Icecast supports this by simply reloading the configuration file.

And when you want the relay to end, another station restart will be required. Not sure how many folks would find acceptable restarting their station at regular intervals.
Couldn't one run an external task which connected to Centova as though it were a DJ, and perform the relay that way? Centova wouldn't have to be modified at all to do this. Sadly, I'm not completely clear on the nuts and bolts of how to accomplish this, but intuitively it seems like it should be possible.